Headset purchase time...

Angry_Games

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oook

after taking a look through the thread, here's what I've sorta narrowed it down to:

PC160SK

HD485 (out of stock...plus the Zalman mic...though I sorta want it to be an all-in-one unit)

E-Dimensional FX

IceMat 10062

the IceMat is interesting because it has just the jack (for phones and mic), or you can run it into the controller thing which is USB

the only thing I want to make sure of is that the USB is NOT producing audio or converting audio or anything like that. USB audio is weak. I want my audio coming through the sound card's jacks....but if the unit uses USB to power something that is ok, as long as it is not using USB as an audio device/channel.

anyway, those are the ones I am taking a real close look at.

What say you?

Happy you may want to check out the Turtle Beach Ear Force HPA 5.1 headphones. I've been reading a bunch of reviews of them and as much as I may like my Sennheiser stuff 5.1 headphones that all the reviews say sound good and have enough bass is much more useful for computer stuff like gaming and watching movies than normal phones.

And they go for about $80 which seems like a pretty good deal for what yer getting. Oh yeah, the review say the mic sounds exelent as well.

the one thing I want to keep away from is the 'big' phones...which is why I balked at teh Zalman 5.1's (and I have a pair of wireless ones that are huge like that also and I hate them).

maybe those HD Sens are too big also, I don't know. THe PC160SK's and the IceMat ones look light and such...

the e-Dimensionals look rather large too

its too hard to decide!!!

I agree with Fenix_dark, Altec Lansing AHS515, I know they can be found at bestbuy for around $50, I paid $30 straight up with no rebate while on sale. I think they're excellent headphones, I find them comfortable, and the sound quality on. They are arent Heavy, but you know they are there, but for half of your budget, they are a great buy....

Happy,

You can forget you have them on and just be sitting there with headphones on, or forget you have them on and get up for a beer and opps. Thats how nice the feel is on the SENNHEISER HD. I would not recommend the sennheiser's with built in mic. My son bought a pair and they hurt his ears after playing for awhile. SENNHEISER, SENNHEISER, SENNHEISER

The Sennheiser PC150's that I have, are good for the money. Maybe spent around 50 bucks. They are not USB, so no worries. USB headphones are basically a waste of money if using on a high end gaming rig. Eats up cpu resources, and does not work in tandem with a high end soundcard. Comfort is a matter of opinion, so won't even comment about that.

especially an Audigy2 ZS lol

well...the HD's are looking good, but I hate that they dont have a mic...but maybe that could be a bonus (my cell phone earpiece thing has a mic sorta like the zalman mic-only that was linked)

the PC160 Sens are looking good too...

what to do....what to do....

I had the Senn PC150's, they are ok but the higher end stuff like the Senn HD485 is in another league. Just get a clip on zalman mic or a logitech 3.5mm table mic for like $10, I use one myself, they are fine. Enter the world of high end audio and leave the consumer crap behind! Your ears will thank you.