DFI-Street Forums Logo Contest!

Angry_Games

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think we just need to keep the icons we have, except on forums that are 'hot' (ie lots of posting volume), and have new posts/threads, the icon needs to have the tach needle all the way to the right, with some fire coming off them ;)

forums that just have new activity...maybe just the tach needle all the way to the right and dark like they currently are

and forums with no new posts...i dunno...haven't thought of anything good for those yet

I second that.....

The tachs we have now are alot more visable..... you want something that POPs at you at a glance... colors wont do it... but the difference in tach needle will.... it's a big difference... Evil see if you can take the current tach and just modify the needle to put if farther right...(like 2 or 3 oclock position)

then take one and add some small flames around the tach....that'd be cool....just a thought..;)

Tell me what you think of this....

the image is 1024 x 181 - the height has to be a bit bigger since my toaster image goes in the black bar

I tried to vision it so that the kid playing on the computer is looking in the monitor....and everything that is on the right side of the monitor is what dfi-street is all about - thats kind of what i had in mind - thats why the left side is still a bit 'quiet' compared to the right side....when the image transitions from the monitor onto the right side - it gets more alive...

anyway....tell me what you think

http://img406.imageshack.us/my.php?image=number6gg9.jpg

well...you could always downsize the tachs to say...30x30 or 27x27 and add a few pixels of flame...

you guys...got to learn to use your imagination and try new things

i know it is easy for me to say, but see, I totally and completely suck at any graphics, anything art, anything like that...i just do. It is just genetic maybe.

but in my mind, my imagination runs wild and I always think of what i would try if I COULD do graphics or art....I've got a brain full of great ideas and pictures and such but I just have no ability to translate that to actually creating anything (i guess I am like satan...I cannot create, I can only destroy? lol).

but guys that do this all the time, even waay back to when I used to work on games as producer, I always had plenty of artists and 3d render guys etc that were simply fantastic...but none of them seemed to have any imagination.

And the secondary (sometimes the primary as it might be the case here in this thread) problem is that once you lead them down the path with a few set parameters, it seems to close off their mind...they no longer have any imagination left because I guess I would lead them too far down a path as to what they should be creating.

I used to yell at my artists all the time USE YOUR IMAGINATION!!!! And they'd just show me the same old stuff with a tiny slight modification (and of course, it never matches the stuff that is in my brain).

the one guy who took me up on this was the guy who created the original Toaster...once he had the basic idea down and showed me, I fell out of my chair and hit my head on a sharp corner of the desk.

but from then on, it was like "refine this a little, try that a little, keep using your imagination"

case in point...the original toaster...didn't have a fan hole, no the LCD panel

but I just told Ben to keep using his imagination, and dream up something that was 'overclocking oriented' and two days later he shows me this toaster that has a fan hole with an LED fan in it hahaha...man I fell out of my chair again and hit my head AGAIN on the same corner of the same damn desk.

then a day later, he asked me with some trepidation to look at his newest idea, and there was that glowing LCD panel with the 250FSB 2500Mhz bit in it, because he'd read around teh forums just to see what overclocking ideas would come to him, and 250FSB and 2500Mhz seemed to be what everyone was shooting for....so he just thought to add that (though as you can see by an earlier example, it wasn't instantly 250fsb/2500mhz, as the first-gen LCD on teh toaster just had some mhz number....but it was the idea...the use of imagination that made him even try to put an LCD on the toaster)

I'm NOT saying you guys don't have imagination.

I'm saying I blame myself I think for leading you too far down a path, then cutting you free to use your imagination, and like an engineer who is bound by laws and rules that must be followed, you guys are now seemingly bound by Angry's laws and rules of what the logo must look like.

I apologize for taking away some of your creativity, but at the same time, there's still PLENTY of room for imagination to enhance whatever designs you guys are coming up with.

and as artists, you all know that you gonna have to take a punch in the gut sometimes (the feeling you get when someone tells you what you just created and showed them wasn't liked or appreciated).

but anyway, I'm babbling on and on.

ya'll are coming up with some great stuff....keep it up, but always keep at the front of your mind that your imagination is your greatest asset, especially if you can translate it to a creation within photoshop etc. ;)