Say goodbye to ATI!

red930

I dont care a bit about names as long as the company behind the name(s) makes a product that is worthy

name brands are almost meaningless when it comes to users like me who rely almost solely on other owner's opinions/reviews (and never website reviews anymore...they are nothing but paid-for advertisements)

That stands to reason, the companies do market research and realise that when tech savvy people are making a purchase they're likely to go and visit the review sites. The best way to sell something is to make it look as if real world people are using the product or service and love it.

One example would be adverts that have women saying about washing powders making their clothes whiter than white etc. We all know that the woman probably uses some other washing powder in real life, yet it has an effect on buyers. It must do.

It's even worse when the sites claim to be impartial but are secretly getting paid big bucks by one company or another to review their products as good.

So you think "ok, I'm just going to check what people are saying on forums"

Now forums are being infiltrated by the companies too!

Don't know who to trust these days

Surely there are still some sites out there that haven't given themselves to the darkside?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with Mr_Games on this one, it's just a name. I put my money with the quality of a product (hence why I'm sticking with dfi).

To me, this is a good move, give it 5 yrs and people won't even remember ATI (except for us "old folks").

ati... , dont you mean AMD ?

:rolleyes:

For good reviews, you can post in the reccomendation section here! (adjective)_Games convinced me about the viewsonic VA1912wb, just need to wrangle up some cash, or invest in a money tree:p

As far as brand names go, I'll pretty much stick with AMD, Nvidia DFI and Linksys. Other than that, its getting personal, trusted opinions from real users, not the paid advertising "reviews" from those other website forums:rolleyes:

Apart from Nissan, DFI and Carvin (who have all proved their worth) my money will always go to the player with the best product for the best price, no matter their name.

With AMD and ATI working together we will see some great improvements to the total package, but time will prove that.

Apart from Nissan, DFI and Carvin (who have all proved their worth)

Wow, it's cool to hear from a Carvin disciple these days. :) Lot of folks seem to be forgetting about them. :thumbup: