$80.00 Coupon for Opteron 165 @ Monarch...After = $230

s10man69

Thraxz, when did you get yours. And my CCBWE 0608MPMW seems to be a crappy stepping for me to. All I really want is 2.5Ghz Stable. I am at 2.39 at 1.5V Vcore and it seems to be stable, at 2.5 or 2.6 I can boot into windows but i get errors off the bat with Prime. I am running a divder to keep my ram at around 200Mhz. Maybe you guys can post pointers. I think I am probably pretty much stuck with this chip no matter what, so I might as well make the most of it.

That's really rough. Mine was ordered a week ago. Credit card crap held it up.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It says that the coupon code is invalid =[. Am I doing something wrong or is the deal over?

Guest Kobalt
It says that the coupon code is invalid =[. Am I doing something wrong or is the deal over?

No worry if deal is over, they will publish new codes soon.

Guest Kobalt
My buddy is looking to buy an Opty 165 now... hopefully they release the new coupons soon :D

I see you have seen the posts @ ]-[. They usually post it there, or their own forums. I bet on the 1st they will post the newer codes.

I have an opteron 165 ccbwe 0607 upgw stepping that does 2.5 max :(

Should I order one from Monarch? I would want to get an awesome stepping this time.

Should I risk it or get one from flickerdown/tankguys?

I have an opteron 165 ccbwe 0607 upgw stepping that does 2.5 max :(

Should I order one from Monarch? I would want to get an awesome stepping this time.

Should I risk it or get one from flickerdown/tankguys?

I would not risk it. Monarch seems to be shipping mostly ccbwe's lately. I received a ccbwe 0608mpmw and returned it unopened.

You do not wan't to deal with Monarch on a return. Not only was I charged the 15% restocking fee, which I knew I would be, I was charged 15% on $310.00, not the $230.00 that was billed on my card.

After a week and a half, I'm still trying to reorder using my credit from the return, to re-order an X2 4800. I couldn't even apply the credit to the order. I had to purchase the X2 4800 outright, and they will apply the credit back sometime in the next 30 days. Unbelievably slow and unsophisticated systems.

If I was you I'd order somewhere you can choose your stepping.

I've never used Monarch before, and unless they undercut their competition by at least 50%, I never will again.