Sign in to follow this  
s10man69

$80.00 Coupon for Opteron 165 @ Monarch...After = $230

..., I just bought another opteron today when I saw this thread. I don't even need another pc right now but if its a good stepping that ocs well then the speed I can get out of it will make it more than enough for a future pc , and still be relatively "with the jones'."

Don't feel bad.. since I don't have a rig set up for mine yet either... so I guess I was damn well "jonesing" for a good Opty 165, so you're not alone.

If you ordered it on Monday or Tuesday your should prolly end up getting a 0610DPMW. I ordered mine on Monday afternoon with fedex 2-day, chip was shipped the same day itself.

G'damnit! Kicking butt @ 300*9 with memory @ 1:1. Didn't know this memory could go this far @ 8-4-4-3!:eek: :eek:

Alas! My joy was short-lived. Looks like 295 is the limit @ 1:1 speed

I got prime stable 305x9 stock voltages...

And, do you mean your RAM timings are 3-3-3-8? lol..

Can we get a CPU-Z Screenie of that RAM at 295mhz at those timings?

Dam, that's some good RAM, maybe I may have to take a look at that stuff!

Yeah just ordered 1 hour ago from this post. What are the good steppings, and I can find this written on the chip right?

2 quick questions -

1) the price i see is over 300 dollars - is the coupon code entered during check out ?

2) are you all getting fairly decent steppings ?

I'm seriously debating getting one. I just don't know how long this deal will last and the future prices on the Opterons. I'm a bit loving of my 148 still.

Sign in to follow this