$80.00 Coupon for Opteron 165 @ Monarch...After = $230

s10man69

I was looking at getting an Opteron 165 as my last upgrade to my current setup. Then let my machine be used until it dies and becomes too slow to do anything in a reasonable fashion. This chip should work in my motherboard right? Also is this the best price we'll get before they start phasing out the 2 x 1MB design? There is a pricedrop happening on the consumer chips, but what about these Optys? 230 isn't bad, I am just wondering if it will go lower soon. Thanks!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe that the Opteron's are getting a price drop. I have not seen it on any of the Price lists...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

And yes, this is the best possible price on these...

It isn't bad? These chips are normally 310 bucks!! It's a great deal! Just hope you get an awesome stepping like I did!

Guest caffeinejunkie
I don't believe that the Opteron's are getting a price drop. I have not seen it on any of the Price lists...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

And yes, this is the best possible price on these...

It isn't bad? These chips are normally 310 bucks!! It's a great deal! Just hope you get an awesome stepping like I did!

nope opterons arent getting a cut but all 1mb cache 939cpus are getting the literal cut lol

I so wanna get one lol 230 is what I orginally payed for my 3700 and the 165s are soo sweet.

I ordered mine monday night for $235.79 with 2nd day Fed-Ex, but there was some kind of discrepancy in the billing address with my Visa. I got that cleared up with them and the bank, and as of this morning it should ship today, the guy didn't seem to sure though.

I also ordered a OCZ700GXSSLI this morning for $119 ar, so it doesn't look like I'll be playing, before the weekend.

Monarch has some really good prices right now, but I don't know about their sytems. I've never had a problem ordering anything on-line with my card before, and they sent me an e-mail verification on the Opti 165, that had the wrong order #.

Well i got the chip, now i wait for the rest of the system. Stepping was ccbwe 0608mpmw . Anyone heard anything good about these? or bad? just asking. But I won't know anything for sure until this weekend. Cannot wait, wheres the Delorian when you need her?

I would just keep your 148. These processors are going to be outdated by next year so you might as will just get a quadcore or conroe. Just my opinion.

I so wanna get one lol 230 is what I orginally payed for my 3700 and the 165s are soo sweet.

LOL, I paid $201 for my 3500 Venice!!!! AHHH

Don't make me remember how much of a waste that was..well, it was my first ship that I've ever oc'ed..Don't ever think I'll let it go..

I paid 170 for my opty 146 about 6 months when I got it from Monarch. But then, I ended up getting a kickass stepping CABYE 0540 which does 3.0+ ghz @ only 1.55V. This now goes back into my Asus SLI Premium.

Got my 165 - 0610DPMW and currently running memtests @ 280*9 @ 1.4V with my GSKILL @ 1:1. Ran test 5 about 50 times and no errora. Running test 8 now, 35th time and so far no errors. I hope I can get more out of this memory. With the Opty 146 in DFI, I used to start getting errors @ 270 1:1.

Ive had my 0610 for months now and you should be able to go up to at least 2.8 on stock volts. Not sure you have had to already raise yours .5. But ya, I just bought another opteron today when I saw this thread. I don't even need another pc right now but if its a good stepping that ocs well then the speed I can get out of it will make it more than enough for a future pc , and still be relatively "with the jones'."

...since I like my current CCBBE 0617 FPMW so much.

Ordered it Monday the 17th at 6PM Pacific time...

should we take bets on what core it will be? Who else ordered either late Monday or early Tuesday (to ship Tuesday)... and which core did you end up with?