New Bios Mod DFI Expert

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great ram then :) Are you setting those values in the BIOS or in Windows? And what voltage did you apply to the ram?

Cheers!

i set the memory settings in bios. you have to since windows doesn't give you as many options. my voltage on the mem is 2.85, or .1 higher than stock. I think there's droop on the mem voltage, so i'm guessing it's really running around 2.82-2.83. either way, i feel like it's not too high.

Good job! But with my corsair tccd (old of 2-3 years), they take 313 at 2.5-3-3-8 and 2.7-2.8v...

Now with 4 tccd, i cant get high.... I try to sell it, but nobody wants!!!

that's cause you're talking about 2x512. i'm talking about 2x1GB. big diff :)

i set the memory settings in bios. you have to since windows doesn't give you as many options. my voltage on the mem is 2.85, or .1 higher than stock. I think there's droop on the mem voltage, so i'm guessing it's really running around 2.82-2.83. either way, i feel like it's not too high.

I agree on setting ram timings in the BIOS and not in A64Tweaker, I'll give a try pushing the memory with 2.85v, now I can try since winter is coming, in summer here air easily reaches 38° and it's a pain for hw components...I'm quite satisfied with my 270x10 1:1 ram at almost default voltages (2.74v for ram 1.41v for cpu, all other voltages at default), I can easily push the cpu to 2.950 mhz and set the 183 divider so the ram will run at 270 :) I think 10 or 15 mhz more don't make a big difference in terms of performance.

@TheWizzard

I know this might sounds like i am pulling a fast one on yah.

But have you tried turning them back on?

Didn't you know, merlin has played tricks on people since the time of the knights of the round table. :P