New Bios Mod DFI Expert

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ macaddict and Lastviking you both need to create signatures as in the Rules YOu Agreed to when you signed up here,,,,,,or the BIG BAD Mods will find yer a$$e$ and get you a BAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) friendly warning is all....

Where is that 04-11-2006 bios Merlin, you are quite the erronis one are you :) ?

Logan

@Lastviking no the bios is for the Expert mobo....

Logan

Hmm... "ok" maybe i remember wrong then, the venus has same layout that expert board and i think they used same bios before but i can have remember wrong..

Sign fixed..hmm when did they make that rule?. i think i sign up here before it came hehe

Edit: found something

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showth...ight=venus+bios

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showth...ight=venus+bios

If Venus bios works in Expert why cant the Expert bios work in Venus then?:)

Before i do anything stupid... Do this bios work on Venus boards?

AFAIK Expert and Venus don't use the same BIOS. Moreover I think your warranty will be voided if your board gets corrupted for such experiment.

@ macaddict and Lastviking you both need to create signatures as in the Rules YOu Agreed to when you signed up here,,,,,,or the BIG BAD Mods will find yer a$$e$ and get you a BAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) friendly warning is all....

Where is that 04-11-2006 bios Merlin, you are quite the erronis one are you :) ?

Logan

I mirrored both here

Considered and pondered and read, pondered a bit more before I installed this bios, and read a bit more, then installed it LOL :)

Booted up fine...phew....:sweat:

Then I just set my FSB/HTT back to usual 325*9 (most stable so far for me with 406Bios)....hmmm still works....didn't tweak anything, just set my primary 4 RAM timings (3-4-8-3) hmmmmm whats this? Oh, MAL set at 8 by default...wait my board would NEVER boot with MAL any lower than 9 (at least with my opty 165) !!! but this bios let me! :eek:

Hmmm me wonders "will this then prove to be a more stable and overclockable BIOS for me, me hearties?"....we shall see but I have to say......

great impressions so far! :eek2:

Just wanted to ask anyone with UCCC RAM - The default settings in this BIOS, are they already pre-tweaked by Merlin and as such are best left as they are or should I go back to tried and tested settings as of previous BIOS?

I'm gonna now go and test this at 3Gig. With the 406 BIOS I could certainly run at 3Ghz (334x9) 3dMark06 stable, SuperPI32M test passes ok (dual instances) but would never prime for more than 5-10 minutes (one core would always fail) any higher than 328.....

Wish me luck....:rolleyes: