New Bios Mod DFI Expert

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmz, i didn't change anything about that. Simply followed the standard dfi bios clear procedure after flashing, then loaded optimezed defaults, saved an exit en reboot. Than again in bios and it was gone. But i'll look for it when i'm back home and let you know if it worked out or not.

Guest InFeKtioN

Has anyone had any luck with OCZ 2x1024 Plat EB's ?

I have been running these @ 270 on my DR (non expert) !

And since a week now ... ( I bought an Expert) and loaded the Merlin BIOS.

And I have had No luck with the RAM. I cant seem to get stable @ 255+ !

I get frequent windows freezes and or lockups ... whatever you want to call it.

Also I get BSOD and reboots. I have reformated and installed fresh drives ... blah,blah,blah .... several times, and I do not beleive I have any corruption there because as soon as I lower my RAM to 250, things seem to run fine.

I have tryed the same settings as with the regular DR I used and have been tweaking with new settings, basicly starting from scratch .. so to speak.

Mostly just wondering if someone has some suggested settings ?

I have the OCZ PC4000 2x1024 EB's and a Opty 165 ccbbe 0617fpmw which I had running @ 3ghz before I changed to the Expert.

BTW ... All of the same hardware was transfered over.

Thanks

I think this is a motherboard problem, I jumped from a SLI-DR which was an horrible overclocker with any bios to this Expert mobo which made me happy :) On the SLI-DR I went from a AMD64 3500+ which topped 2.55 mhz to a 3800 x2 which topped exactly the same speed, so I understood it was not a problem of cpu but the motherborad simply refused to be pushed further.

DFI boards performances can vary a lot from board to board, just a matter of luck sometimes...

Hello again, i would like to now, i was asynch, and every time, at 9* 8* or 6*... how to get the max fsb speed.

The real max stable for the moment is 9*313-315, but i cannot go over. Shoul i need to give more voltage to the chip?

And another question, why (at 1.56v) cant i go over than 11*240 (2600mhz)with a 4400+ step ccbwe, cause i can go up to 9*315 (2800mhz) with 1.45v? Should i need more voltage too?

Guest InFeKtioN
I think this is a motherboard problem, I jumped from a SLI-DR which was an horrible overclocker with any bios to this Expert mobo which made me happy :) On the SLI-DR I went from a AMD64 3500+ which topped 2.55 mhz to a 3800 x2 which topped exactly the same speed, so I understood it was not a problem of cpu but the motherborad simply refused to be pushed further.

DFI boards performances can vary a lot from board to board, just a matter of luck sometimes...

Man ..... I hope not !

Anyone else have any thoughts about this ?

Any comfirmation ?

Thanks

Guys, you were right about the sata settings. It's being recognized on the sata 1 again. What happened was that merlin enabled sata raid on the sata 1 and sata 2 connections. I only have 1 sata drive so i disabled sata raid and whalla, there it was again.

I'm currently testing (with the a64 overclocking guide of angry) what the max for the memory is. Currently I run it at FSB 320 with a 180 devider (memspeed is 280mhz on timings 2,5-3-3-8). It's TCCD 431 i'm using. I'll specify the rest of the timings later on.