Socket LGA775 Discussion Thread

Thanks for the link, I appriciate it much :-D

downloaded, I'll try that on my 3.8GHz settings sometime soon...

meanwhile I've entered my rig in the EVGA Mod Rigs thing, I can't give a link or anything until I get approval from Angry cuz I don't wanna violate any rule or anything.

That would be gravy if I can get that sucker to 3.8GHz and get the Ultras in it, that should HOPEFULLY bump me over 20K on 3DMark06, then I'd be well inside the top 700 I think in the world.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welp, I am runnin' Prime95 25.4 version now, at 3.666GHz with my RAM tightened up to 5-4-4-12-2T since the run of 1066MHz @ 2.4Vs failed last night (after 4 hours, freakin' bullcrap, I'm getting really sick of this board's non-compliance with my ram LOL) seein' if I can at least get a bit of a boost from that. I'm also DLing the 163.44 drivers to test them out. Hopefully I'll be updating my XP2-8500s OCDB Entry tomorrow night :-D And again Tuesdayish, since I'll have my Ultras then.

The Ultras have arrived. 19K rock stable on 3DMark06 at 3.666GHz with them running at Superclocked stock speeds. I OCed them a bit just to see what it's like and got 19.2K... I am going to end up reselling the one that isn't a Superclocked I think and just buy a full on superclocked one, I want to have a matched pair of sorts... plus I like the extra top heatsink the superclocked has, makes me more confident it's not gonna have overheating issues (the lower card, which is the regular Ultra, has issues at 700/2300, which I know it can do by itself, but in SLI, it's not so happy to do so.)

I'm gonna test the cards out individually, figure out their maximum individual overclocks then try and hit the happy medium in SLI, then boost their volts a bit with BIOS modding and flash them to a higher clock permenantly once my A: drive gets here.

then boost their volts a bit with BIOS modding and flash them to a higher clock permenantly once my A: drive gets here.

There is no way to mod the BIOS to increase the voltage.

Welp, got my Dominator sticks in, so far they've ran all benchies and played around two hours of MOH:Airborne with no issues, I'll Prime them tonight to be sure they're 100% stable, but it looks like I finally found a set of RAM that'll actually do 1066MHz on "stock" settings, with my CPU OC.

Just ask me whenever you have #s to compare to and what I need to run and I'll get'er done.

Better ask quick though, I'm probably gonna be selling my QX for a Q6600 just cuz I need some of that money back and I saw that nearly every G0 someone wrote a review on (not on Newegg, I'm talking on the internet) got to 3.4-3.8 stable on liquid. Honestly I'll be happy if it hits 3 stably, I just want to have good performance, which I'm also probably going to single card, mostly because I'm planning on going to another board within the next 2 months and if it don't support SLI I don't wanna be sitting on an SLI setup.

Praz, what's the word on the DFI P35's overclockability/usefulness with a quad core overclocking? I'm freakin' sick of this damn board not working with this RAM and now it's randomly freezing up during Need For Speed: Carbon, which is NOT a stressful game.

I just need a new board, and at this point since I'm going to be down to one video card very soon, I'm willing to sacrifice SLI anyway... meh, I'm gonna go ahead and remove the lower card, see if maybe by some odd chance the one person was right about the MCP temp getting too hot, which makes no sense but maybe removing SLI will fix it.

If your gonna get a new mobo I'd say get an Asus or Gigabyte. Maybe even an Abit. Check people's sigs and you'll see quite a few people that are running quads with them, including CPDMF who's sig is right above your previous post.

Asus, at least the Striker Extreme, has been said to have major issues with my processor and high speed RAM. I dunno, I'm going to steer clear of SLI if/when I do get a new board though, as much as I love having it, I'll take the stability over it seeing as I'm not even playing games, most of the time now (baring Medal of Honor Airborne) that're actually graphically intense enough to need more than one Superclocked Ultra, anyway. Abit I just won't buy from. Gigabyte... eh, I like the looks of the board you have, but I'm not too hot on switching brands to somethin' I've never used at this point. I'm looking to stay Asus, EVGA or DFI. Too bad EVGA doesn't have a P35 board. Or do they? ::goes to search::