Socket LGA775 Discussion Thread

The return of 775, the intels are so fast.....no one needs the uber oc. JK

Youre not wrong 3GHz stock is plenty fast enough but 4GHz is better :D

CN - my E6850 goes passed 4G but requires a bit more voltage. The higher voltage, increases the temps passed my limit. 4.3G (9x 478FSB) is where the re-boots start for me, no matter what voltage. I've messed with the GTL voltage and found 69% to work best.....anything less and my stable 4G OC fails (linked in sig). I've messed a little with the 8 multi, not enuf to make any judgements.

Your chip looks good running 4G @ 1.46Vcore, Orthos small fft stable. :)

Can you Orthos 4.3GHz on normal un chilled water or is that only available with the beast :D

I will have another play tonight to see how high it will bench on water as I only briefly bumped it up to 8 x 512 / 4.1GHz where I found the reboots even with a fist full of voltage. I will also have a play with the GTL & buffer strengths as well as the x9 multiplier.

4GHz @ 1.46v does look about right from what I'v seen about amazing really when you think my 6600 needed 1.6+ for 3.8GHz.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you Orthos 4.3GHz on normal un chilled water or is that only available with the beast :D.

I can run most 3D benchmarks around 4.3G.....have to check my notes for Orthors, I'm thinking around 4.2G is my highest for a short time (:(

4GHz @ 1.46v does look about right from what I'v seen about amazing really when you think my 6600 needed 1.6+ for 3.8GHz.

Never had a 6600 but really enjoy the 6850's get up ang GO

The 8 multi at high FSB was hard for me to get stable, didn't mess with it a bunch thought. On the other hand, I did find my highest FSB to be 530..... ur 550 would be great. :)

I've messed with the GTL voltage and found 69% to work best.....anything less and my stable 4G OC fails

You hit the nail on the head with this bit bud, with Praz's GTL cheat sheets in my hand MHz are now falling faster than footballers at the world cup LOL

512 X 8 = 4.1GHz just done 1/2 of OCCT + 1/2 hour of Prime small fft @ 1.5v with no reboots yipeeeeee

CN :)

You hit the nail on the head with this bit bud, with Praz's GTL cheat sheets in my hand MHz are now falling faster than footballers at the world cup LOL

512 X 8 = 4.1GHz just done 1/2 of OCCT + 1/2 hour of Prime small fft @ 1.5v with no reboots yipeeeeee

Good work, I used Praz's cheat sheet too :)

I don't know if its going to be Prime blend stable but its just done 1 hour of Prime small fft @ 4.2GHz 1.58750v, man this thing motors.

I will quit here as the temps have just touched 70oC & see what I can get blend stable over the weekend.

alright c-n how it going,

dame nice chips those e6850's 4Ghz :drool::drool: , ive just got hold of a e6750 which i stright swaped for my e6600. my friend bought my 975x/g & a-datas pc2-8000 off me & got a e6750 thinking it would work in the 975x/g which has'nt got a bios for 1333 c2d's.

so i swapped doing him a favor & giving me a change from from my e6600 which i was board with anyway.

getting to my point in posting in this thread, im trying to get sum ocdb entrys up myself but cant get 3dmark03 to run no matter what i try.

it crashes every time just before the second cpu test, it loads the second test but just when it should have started my system reboots? it can be at stock 24/7 stable, o/c 24/7 stable what ever?

ive tried downloading the latest version of 3dmark03 & even tried re-installing catalyst?

it not like the e6750 is getting to hot or unstable, it sit's at 10-11c desktop o/ced to 3.5Ghz with 1.38volts & even fully loaded in orthos it stays in the mid 20's.

im not 100% sure if i ran 3d03 when i first got my ati 3870 & was still using the c2d e6600 , but it does'nt seem like a gpu error to me?

every dame bench runs perfectly just not 3d03 :mad: :confused:

eney ideas eneybody? im all out.

cheers

green

alright c-n how it going,

I am all good right now bud that is all apart from the weather round here seams like its rained forever.

dame nice chips those e6850's 4Ghz :drool::drool:

I just ran Prime @ 4GHz last night, its a bit tatty & my VGA card was only at stock speed because the BETA 169.17 nVidia driver wouldn't play nice with ATI tool but 4GHz was super easy. I am going to re install the older 163.71 driver again & see what happens.

http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showpost.p...70&postcount=88

I just got hold of a e6750which i stright swaped for my e6600. my friend bought my 975x/g & a-datas pc2-8000 off me & got a e6750 thinking it would work in the 975x/g which has'nt got a bios for 1333 c2d's.

so i swapped doing him a favor & giving me a change from from my e6600 which i was board with anyway.

Good move IMO, I hope she flys.

I cant believe I didn't get one of these 333fsb CPU's earlier they fly on nice low voltage perfect for a quiet air cooled rig.

getting to my point in posting in this thread, im trying to get sum ocdb entrys up myself but cant get 3dmark03 to run no matter what i try.

it crashes every time just before the second cpu test, it loads the second test but just when it should have started my system reboots? it can be at stock 24/7 stable, o/c 24/7 stable what ever?

ive tried downloading the latest version of 3dmark03 & even tried re-installing catalyst?

it not like the e6750 is getting to hot or unstable, it sit's at 10-11c desktop o/ced to 3.5Ghz with 1.38volts & even fully loaded in orthos it stays in the mid 20's.

im not 100% sure if i ran 3d03 when i first got my ati 3870 & was still using the c2d e6600 , but it does'nt seem like a gpu error to me?

every dame bench runs perfectly just not 3d03 :mad: :confused:

eney ideas eneybody? im all out.

cheers

green

I haven't had any 3DMARK issues lately (since the ICFX 3DMARK03 issue) that weren't caused by a bad OC or broken hardware so I am not aware of any new ish issues. My best guess would be either CPU or RAM voltage but If you say its the same stock then I don't know.

Edit: It was a 3DMARK01 issue with my ICFX not 3DMARK03

Hey CN, a nice OCBD entry.....GGGG, high FSB and memory speeds with low voltage.....im jealous. :P

Thanks mknwatt.

I got my VGA card overclocked now with 163.75 drivers & ATI tool so I am happy again time for some Crysis :D

You don't fancy re-building the beast for some more high fsb fun then :nod:

CN

glad to here ure all good, loving those DB entrys :D

im guessing ure right its the icfx wether or not it was the same 3dmark u got those problem with . the icfx is starting to give me sum odd problems since ive tryed running 3d03 so meny time & got those reboots everytime. the e6750 is realy showing up this mobo to.

this new chip like u said flys with the limited fsb ive got, fsb450x8 with just 0.02v added on the VTT lol mad little c2d.

i reckon this new chip could do 4Ghz if i had a capeable mobo , so fsb500+ .

im just a bit hesatant to buy a mobo with all the new boards comming out now & through to the new year. i could get a cheep bloodiron to rinse for a few months till i now what board i want for a penryn.

im not getting the money for the mobo etc off my mate till after xmas & might as well use that £150.

we might even hav sum of the newer dfi mobos over in the UK buy then(newer p35 & the x38).

green

just to edit what i said about my e6750's coretemps a few posts back, they were not as low as i thought. i was using an older version of coretemp when i needed to be using the newest beta one.

still extreme low temps even for h20 cooling

desktop

tempsdesktopaq3.th.jpg

the cpu volt are stock 1.35v , but it seems to draw extra when o/ced in desktop?? i have only put the cpu vtt up from 1.21 to 1.29v.

room temp of 19c

short load

tempsshortloadxu8.th.jpg

everest is showing the same core temps as the none beta coretemp , i should hav realised when the core temp was so much lower than my room temp lol

this dame 3dmark03 is still peeing me off, ive got a 11hours orthos +3d01se screenshot ready for a ocdb entry with the setting from the above links, but cant get 3d01 to run even at stock fsb :(

• 3 weeks later...