Socket LGA775 Discussion Thread

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check my CPUz caps in my OCDB Entry, mobo reads out as the A2 revision... if that's listed, if not I can show ya ;) It's the new revision they put out to better OC with quad cores, 'specially mine (in combination with th P30 bios)

And to quote from my other thread:

Okay my testing failed at 2 hours, 42 minutes of Prime with the ram at 5-5-5-15-2T @ DDR2-1000 (this is the new OCZ PC2-800) @ 2.2Vs, all other settings except those for the ram are identical. Any suggestions?

I'm thinking maybe turn down the RAM voltage first, if that don't work, maybe FSB voltage now that it's no longer on auto?

Whatcha think folks? Should I set back to DDR2-800 3-4-4-15 @ 2.0V and see if it'll test out there or try and get this stable? Maybe since it failed after 2 hours I just need a voltage bump on my CPU due to the RAM being running faster at semi-tight (I guess for that speed at least) timings.

I'll think about it.

Any ideas folks? lol

Check my CPUz caps in my OCDB Entry, mobo reads out as the A2 revision... if that's listed, if not I can show ya ;) It's the new revision they put out to better OC with quad cores, 'specially mine (in combination with th P30 bios)

Interesting I thought the A1 was supposed to sort quads out A2 must be another new revision.

What does yours say it is on the box A1 or A2 ?

=====

On your RAM thing

Does the EVGA voltage set in BIOS differ quite a bit from what you get with a DMM or in windows I know my DFI dropped about 0.8v perhaps you just need a touch more RAM voltage.

I don't think so... but what would I check that in? Everest or where? Cuz NTune/NVMonitor is gonna show the actual BIOS settings, not what it's reading out as. I have it set to 2.1V now since that's the exact voltage recommended by OCZ.

I'm testing at an even higher speed, but with more relaxed timings on the secondaries. If it fails again around the same time, I'll downclock them to stock and see if it fails AGAIN at the same time or so, and if it does, I'll know it's not the ram that's the issue, but another setting, and go back to 1066MHz on the RAM and tweak other settings.

I can't wait to get this CPU under liquid though, I don't care if 66C core temps are acceptable, they scare me LOL Load is fluctuating up and down from 50C to 67C as the AC turns on and to standby and back.

In Everest my VDIMM Is showing as 2.08V, so not much of a drop between monitor and actual. CPU drops from 1.4 in BIOS to 1.32V on Everest, but that's fine by me LOL cuz 1.32 reading out is still within what's considered "stock" voltage for this thing (1.1-1.375V).

Hopefully this will pass and ease my mind, we shall see though.

9efa3e09ba.jpg

:: points to the red arrow she cut off on accident:: That's where it says it's A2. lol

ADDED BY EDIT:

Welp, we have one hour of passage... and Praz, do you happen to remember which voltage/secondary timings you used with this OCZ? Cuz I think that's part of my problem with prime testing... we'll see when I get home of course, but I have a feeling it's gonna be another failure. lol, if not I'll be very happy of course.

Like on the actual board you mean? Or can it be found on the box? :confused: lol

On the board itself.

and Praz, do you happen to remember which voltage/secondary timings you used with this OCZ.

As I wrote in another post, haven't used the memory in a 680i.

I don't think so... but what would I check that in? Everest or where? Cuz NTune/NVMonitor is gonna show the actual BIOS settings, not what it's reading out as. I have it set to 2.1V now since that's the exact voltage recommended by OCZ.

I think if you dropped the voltage down from 2.2 to 2.1 & its still run 1 hour + its most likely nothing to do with a lack of RAM voltage.

I was referring to the difference between what you set in BIOS & what you actually get at the dimm slots measured with a digital multi meter btw.