Socket LGA775 Discussion Thread

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice - that's good to know.

I noticed the new BIOS release over on DFI-Club - will have to grab it, as i'm still on the BETA that was withdrawn.

I still like the 213 BIOS the best even though the voltages are a bit crazy & don’t actually do what you set them at. I am just too lazy to flash back.

Oldguy

I think the benefit of this BIOS is mainly for the E4300 the only thing I noticed last night is the 800 RAM divider/strap allows my Firestix to overclock like crazy but the 667 divider/strap is still poor & needs a billion volts DIMM & NB to be stable.

Edit The RAM & NB only need mega voltage to run my sticks @ 4.4.4.12/667/2.5V/1003MHZ

5.5.5.15/667/2.2v/1003MHZ is easy it run 10hours Orthos last night

I am surprised you still got enough bits left to build up the Fini after your mega sale. You made me take stock of what I got hanging around & when you stop & look its scary the amount of stuff you collect.

NCSA

It’s the 227 we are talking about & thanks for the link.

Bump just to put right what I said about the 227 BIOS & the 667 dividerstrap.

The RAM & NB only need mega voltage to run my sticks @ 4.4.4.12/667/2.5V/1003MHZ

5.5.5.15/667/2.2v/1003MHZ is easy it run 10hours Orthos last night so its my RAM not really the BIOS as I implied.

Hooty hoo Chump...good to see the board back in action!!

Thanks OG I really appreciate the effort you put in to send the board to me & cant thank you enough.

I just couldn't help myself looking at it in the box any longer so I had to thrown it in my case on air for now just until all my water cooling bits turn up.

I am loving this board so far sure it bends my melon a bit with all the BIOS menu's but I am starting to get it. The best bit is this board can boot just about anything you can dial into it unlike the Infinity & its cold boot problem.

Performance is just off the Infinity's best but I am sure I will eventually close the gap down once I got the basic 24/7 settings sorted out.

I have a few niggles that may take some time to sort like Everest 3.50 doesn't like the RD600 chip so I got to use a dodgy BETA release. The CIE function just plain doesn't work which is a shame because it worked flawlessly on the Infinity & there are a few minor/basic BIOS faults/bugs that need sorting out which DFI are already aware of and are working on.

I am 3 hour into Orthos SP04 as we speak @ 3.7GHZ DDR1000 4.4.4.12 2T fingers crossed.

thanks likewhoa, should have the single stage phase unit ready by thursday or friday and can really turn it up :)

Anyone point me to what are some good voltages to use for the 680i (not vcore or vmem) but there are so many damn voltages and It seems rather picky about not being overvolted.

thanks likewhoa, should have the single stage phase unit ready by thursday or friday and can really turn it up :)

Anyone point me to what are some good voltages to use for the 680i (not vcore or vmem) but there are so many damn voltages and It seems rather picky about not being overvolted.

I'd love to point something useful out to you but I just got mine assembled last night.........so far this thing is just a joy to work with compared to my Abits (650i and 680i). I think evga has taken this thing a long way with the new Rev 1 board. I bought one right when they came out and it had so many dead spots I took it back after a few days. I'm booting all over the place right now and even get to play with my memory upwards of 1200mhz....finally!!! Now I have room to play instead of crossing my fingers every time I boot :D IN9 32X-MAX is going back to Fry's......Gonna hang onto the FP IN9 for awhile since it aint completely horrible. The MAX just cost too much and needs some work before it reaches it's potential...if ever :rolleyes:

OG

Looking for any type of input on my OCDB entry on my Conroe + Infinity setup. The hardware will run right up to 3.411ghz at pretty low voltages (1.44 vCore), but can't seem to get it Orthos stable at anything above that regardless of the volts I put to it. Haven't seen anything past 65C with my current cooling setup even at 3.6 vCore and 1.54 vCore, but just cant get it to pass Orthos for more than 5 1/2 hours. Another strange thing I've noticed in the 11/15/06 BIOS, is when I set the FSB to 378 in BIOS, every Windows program reports my FSB at 379? Any thoughts?