Socket LGA775 Discussion Thread

cheers thraxz,

ive been having a look at ure ocdb entrys, nice job. i seem to hav to through a laod more volts through my cpu than you for the same o/c.

fsb400 for me it needs vtt1.30 , core+225 , standard volts 1.325v. that peeking on my 10hour blend test at 68c core temp. room temp is 22-23c.

nice temp for the volts, but nasty volts. my ram seems to like the extra bit of juce for the higher stable cpu o/c too.

ive only realy been playing with the drive strenghts & read delay. nether of them seemed to hav helped.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go ahead and push the VVT to 1.35. That may or may not help.

You can't really compare to my chip... I got a "golden" one by chance. I just can't cool it enough to really push it through the roof to 4.0.

lucky classy lady:drool: ;) . what ure temps like in core temp over the peek points in ure orthos burns over fsb400?. i dont suppose u saved eney of them, i try to save mine with my screenshots to refur back to.

i'll have a go for a fsb410-415 ocdb. if i dont have eney luck i'll try upping the ram divider instead. i had loads of problems on air with fsb400 667div, my north temps were hitting 67c. naw im on h2o i should hav no problems getting fsb400 667div.

my temp on my north at the moment is 34c smart guardian temp, ambient room 23c. on air would hav been 55-57c easly.

ure 3.8 temps are like 3.6 on my old air setup. sweet man sweet.

just to speculate do u think possibly with ure cpu's standard volts are the same as mine 1.325. not what ure bios is showing. the only reason i say that is because ure temps are what i'd expect at my, what would seem higher volts.

also on ure 400fsb ocdb entry ure adding of volts is totally the same as what i'd use. that what makes it look like ure normal cpu voltage is actually 1.3250, with ure temp being very simular too??

if not then ure cpu runs hotter for the volts than my batch & o/c better. what u reckon?

added bit

when i said 67c north i was talking, when i was still on air, i probibly typed it badly.

im sitting at 34c desktop with water, 41c max.

No... the default voltages into chips are determined by the chip itself and applied by the MoBo accordingly. (Basically the MoBo displays what the CPU told it to display.)

That being said, it's been pretty well documented that the "B' revision CPUs generate more heat per volt than the Revision "A"s and also overclock more per volt than the As.

Hmm...

Look at my OCDB entries. They are a decent starting point for no-warm-boot-problem OCs. Raju too if he's got any.

my board is fine reboot upto 440 or so. cas bootup 3 reboot upto 450..

I prefer manual settings, works a little better with getting the board upto pace for phase and pushing the final fsb..

regards

raja

last night after posting, i pushed back up to fsb410, tweeked a little. then she re-booted fine.

so i then pushed a little more fsb415 & then i couldnt re-boot. buy that time it was late so i went to bed. i was expecting to hav to clear coms when i got home from work, but it just booted no problems.:)

also on the re-booting thing. when it dosent reboot i hold down my power button to turn off & my case light stays on??. i have to atcually switch off my psu, then the light will turn off.

thats also what i did before i went to sleep after the 415fsb non-reboot.

i'll keep trying. like thraxz said ,its annoying though:mad:

cheers

playing round with my drive strenghts seemd to get the fsb410 stable/re-bootable. so i'll maybe give them sum more.

i can run my dimms for hours on a lower fsb o/c, but with my ram on a divider that makes it run at it rated 1000Mhz, 2.2 volts, 5-5-5-15. then if i open my side panel and touch my dimms the just feel warm.

at fsb400 3.6Ghz, ram 800Mhz 2.0v 4-4-4-12. again run for a few hours, with lower drive strenghts too. my dimms feel very hot, but with lower volts, higher Mhz?

its got to be the warm ram, giving warm boot problems. so beefing the strenghts up should sort it.

i'll give it a try tomoz, as i cant get to the jumper pin very easly at the mo & if it dosent work;)

pucker link thraxz, thanks.

also sorry my last post was a very badly typed. i just wrote a post explaining what i was trying to say, but its just vanshed when i pressed preview:mad: .

in short as i just typed it already. i was trying to say if my o/c failed, i couldnt clear jumper.

secondly, the 3.6Ghz o/c thing, i ment to say was lower volts, lower ram Mhz. not lower v, higher Mhz:drool: :drool: :drool:

but buy the link, it seem u sort of gatherd already.

ive had a try at fsb410 drives all on x2.0. i ran 2hours orthos fine & re-booted fine. so then i tryed drives all on x2.50 fsb415. i only ran orthos 1 hour, but it never re-booted again. i even tryed letting it all cool down in deskot before i re-started.

i'll give x3.0 a bash tomoz . also i'll be having a good read through the link.

cheers.