Think I Got Screwed

I was reading about you guys talking about RMAing the A7N8X revision 1.4, 1.6 and 2.0. So i looked at mine to see what revision it was and it was 1.2A.

I only bought the A7N8X N/D in July :( do you think have I been given a old mobo or what??

also i live in UK so maybe thats a factor :angry:

It shouldn't be that much of a diffrence but just to know you can always contact the manufacturer and ask about the changes in the revision since then.

And yes we dont usually think about that buying a new motherboard but we should check on the rev. to get the latest(so it means buyin online is out of the question) :(

i think there only a 1.04 1.06 and a 2.0 never heard of a 1.02 and with taht a its probllay your bios rev check the silk screen between the pci slots

i know there are earlier ones. just have to do a quick google search.

http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread/t-7934.html

When you go to that page: click Ctrl-F and then type

"There are 1.01,1.02,1.03,1.04,1.05,1.06 & 2.00 revisions of this board" in the Find field.

the earlier versions don't support 400fsb. you could always try doing voltage mods ofcourse.

i know there are earlier ones. just have to do a quick google search.

http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread/t-7934.html

When you go to that page: click Ctrl-F and then type

"There are 1.01,1.02,1.03,1.04,1.05,1.06 & 2.00 revisions of this board" in the Find field.

the earlier versions don't support 400fsb. you could always try doing voltage mods ofcourse.

They dont support it out of the box, but from bios version 1004 and up its suppose to support it. Although, I still think the "support" is a little shotty though.

Even so. I have heard if you replace the cmos battery with a new one, itll remedy most of the SBD problems.

Yea it was the bios that is 1.20a but that has lead to another funny thing about the board, I don't know if this is normal but i looked between the pci slots and seen a sticker saying 1.06 so i surgically removed the sticker to find it says 2.00 underneath, any ideas why, should i be suspicous or what??

,Oct 18 2003, 07:09 AM] Yea it was the bios that is 1.20a but that has lead to another funny thing about the board, I don't know if this is normal but i looked between the pci slots and seen a sticker saying 1.06 so i surgically removed the sticker to find it says 2.00 underneath, any ideas why, should i be suspicous or what??

YOu know what!!! I have a little sticker on mine too that says 1.06!!! Ooohhhhh, Im gonna remove mine too and see what mine says. Good observation Nerual!

YOu know what!!! I have a little sticker on mine too that says 1.06!!! Ooohhhhh, Im gonna remove mine too and see what mine says. Good observation Nerual!

that's odd. why would they do that? rev 2.0+ boards require a different bios than those less than 2.0, so it would make a big difference. Maybe they thought they were 2.0 but then found out the bios didn't work with it..only the 1.06 one? perplexing indeed. :blink: