Worldcup 2006 (merged)

Sorrento

What i find amazing wiith fifa is that they won't embrace technology. Rugby league which is a great sport (american football 4 men - no padding & not as many subs ) but with nothing like the funding FIFA has , has embraced tv replays for years. Referees are respected by players & fans alike. The replays aren't intrusive generally revolving around verifying a try was legally scored etc., By the time we've had the usual scuffle etc., the replay could have been shown & the correct decision made.

Off the ball incidents could be picked up by observers who then signal the ref or controlling official.

KimTjik

but lately I've been asked to agree with the rules, the new feature of this forum, not once but several times and after that everything I wrote is gone. Am I the only one experiencing this?

- No me 2 but it may be we're just trouble makers :eek:

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rules will pop up every 48 hours when you make a new post, I believe. It's to ensure everyone reads the rules multiple times, so they can't classy lady when they get banned.

Yeah... I've always wondered too why FIFA won't allow replays? The NHL has replays to allow the Refs to correctly judge a goal. You say Rugby has it. Why don't they let football have instant replays? It would clear up a lot of bad calls (Australia vs. Japan, first goal). Prime example.

Continuity, is the reason. Soccer isn't supposed to stop every 2 mins, to recap a foul, or something, then you might as well watch more american sports (no offense). One of the reasons I won't watch american sports is because I want to watch the game not watch 2 mins, wait 2 mins, watch 2 mins.... etc, it is really annoying that stop and go gameplay, how could anyone enjoy that, is a mystery to me.

Continuity isn't effected neither in rugby laegue or in footry as i see it. Replay is only called for when the ref wants it & if it's around an incident in the penalty box, last third of field, chances are the balls gone dead anyway, or as i said earlier there's a scuffle.

imo something needs doing as the refereeing has just become a farce what are the other options???

Back to my avatar. Is this Peter Crouch? If so, why isn't he number 21? If not, is this his English Premiership jersey? If so, what team does he play on?

Thank you for understanding this question. I believe you need a Gifted IQ just for understanding the above question.

Back to my avatar. Is this Peter Crouch? If so, why isn't he number 21? If not, is this his English Premiership jersey? If so, what team does he play on?

Thank you for understanding this question. I believe you need a Gifted IQ just for understanding the above question.

man

does it matter....?

H_G was kind enough to find the time to get us....football fans.....something nice to wear during the world cup....even hating football...soccer...as we know he hates......and with all the busy life

so imo enjoy the avatar....

...Thank you for understanding this question. I believe you need a Gifted IQ just for understanding the above question.

Wasn't that hard to comprehend, just that I don't have a clue about english soccer, LOL.

man

does it matter....?

H_G was kind enough to find the time to get us....football fans.....something nice to wear during the world cup....even hating football...soccer...as we know he hates......and with all the busy life

so imo enjoy the avatar....

Agreed, I sure appreciate his efforts, with the renovation going on and all.

If FIFA ever allows instant replays to be watched by the ref by request of a team... I won't see another football game again... period! :mad:

This is an impossible task to do, thank god, because what football has that no other sport in the world does is how it is played the same way and with the same rules here, in the US, in England, in Spain, in Italy... in Ghana, in India, in Ukraine... and also in Australia. Any change as huge as allowing instant replays would change this and make an unbalance that would hurt the sport a lot.

Mexico was the first country in the world who allowed referees being sponsored by a neutral brand... in this case was Sabritas, a potato chips huge company (sort of like Lays)... but FIFA stopped them and nearly penalized the Mexican referee asociation back in the mid 1990's. Then it was Mexico again the first country where a referee used a microphone and radio to record his conversations with players and the line referees, this was back in 2000... again FIFA stopped this and the referee who used these gadgets was put in the freezeer, even if that was allowed by the federation here.

Another ref error... this time it didn't cost too much: Adriano's goal was on offside and should have been invalid. This time the main referee was not to blame, his side referee (flag) was... human error again probably, nothing like the very shy Russian who was in the Portugal/Netherlands game.

Brazil is playing as little as posible to win every game... its like Juan Manuel Fangio used to say: "The best way to win a Formula 1 race is to do so in the slowest way posible"