Worldcup 2006 (merged)

Sorrento

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the referee ended the game I just said "Thank God!!!"... 3 yellow cards, geez!!!!

Croatian players grabbing the referee's arms... pushing him... I don't think he was trying to help them, he just lost control of the game. Then the 5+ penalty fouls missed at Croatian box... ref only saw one, and IMO that was the least PK foul of all.

The game was really fun to watch, hehe but I believe Australians and Croatians didn't had that much fun... :)

What time was over there when the game started? 5 AM?

I believe FIFA will grant the region where Australia play another WC ticket... probably will take one away from CONCACAF to give it to you guys. It is not fair to send Australia against really strong south american teams every time... the region should have one or even two direct tickets.

gotta agree with you there i mean were just an emerging contry football wise and we don't need the fifa to expect us to play some really strange games to qualify a few intersting things about australia is that in the 2002 world cup we were the only nation to not lose a game and still not get in allthough they might not beat the italians the have sure given us our moneys worth

What do you mean by "only proffesional referee in the tornament"? To my knoledge all referees have a salary... not as good as it should of course, but all are professionals for being referees; probably all have a second job, some are dentists and some of them should REMAIN BEING DENTISTS, even if they are not referees like Markus Merk... yes, I am talking about you Hugo Sanchez!!!! :mad:

I have seen some Premiere League games over FoxSport and FoxSoccer and they seem to be a lot better in their way of treating the players... lots of comunication, which is great... but to be honest I see the same mistakes I have seen elsewhere: sometimes they are blind and stoopid :)

Also I don't like the level of the league... IMO its just 4 very good teams, which had a terrible season this last time... and lots of medium to small size clubs. Chelsea played horrible, just waiting for errors in defense on every rival... and they too had their bad times. IMO Liverpool offered the best football level, and your guys too base their whole game in a strong defense. Arsenal is the biggest team IMO, and right now they showed pathetic level... shame. Chelsea is getting new bigger players... lets see if these can teach them how to play football... ohh wait, they are keeping the same Portuguese as coach... lol

I think the level of the referees in england is higher than in other nations, but thats the average... I still think there are better refs elsewhere, like P. Colina in Italy... but he is the exception of the rule I guess.

Larrionda and Elizondo worked today... just ask the Koreans and the Togoneese about them, they probably can tell you "how good" these two individuals were: offside goal in one and bad foul calling on the other.

Pierluigi Colina is tiotal class. There were rumours that he was coming to england to be head ref in premiership & lead ref development/traing, pity it didn't happen. Can't see him getting suckered into giving a 2nd yellow card/red like the germans just persuaded the ref in their match 2 do. I hate it when i see players attempting to get other players sent off. Even worse when u have a 2 goal lead.

KimTjik was saying earlier about swedens performance against germany being frustratingly under par, i reallyfeel for him today.:confused:

Sweden had no chance, Germany was running circles around them
Yes so why shout up & chace the ref 2 give a 2nd yellow & then pat the ref on the back when he does. It was undoubtedly germany's best performance, but imo the above action left a bad taste in the mouth.

Ref's are handing them cards out like candy, I don't care too much for that no matter which team gets them. Did you see the grin on that Ref's face? He was a little too happy, imo. Yes, I agree, the pat on the back was not a sign of good character.