Worldcup 2006 (merged)

Sorrento

ther've got three yes 3 refes plus 2 linesmen per game theres allways one off them in the right place and for the big decisions they confer so easy won't stop the play but a few more eyes might make the difference
yep that's the idea similar too what i said earlier
Off the ball incidents could be picked up by observers who then signal the ref or controlling official.
Think the biggest issue is that officials don't communicate or apparently have respect/trust their co officials. Like Sepp blatter said re the 3 card incident - why didn't someone tell the ref. Maybe 2 observers would pick up anything that's missed.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not in favour of these things but am in despair on how things are to improve after the shambles we've seen so far & what may be to come. (germany v argentina springs to mind:) )

Not all leagues and tournaments around the world are as advance as the Premiere League, and IMO this one has serious problems in all the other areas... as in excellent about referees but terrible about football level, and unbalanced teams level. However if all the world's leagues could implement this improvements and many others too the referee's level would improve world wide to a point where the refs actually would be "invisible" during games.

who said they would - only refs or refs official would have the facility.

But stop the game all of the sudden could seriously mess the restart later, remember how easy the teams could loose momentum if their physical movement is stopped all of the sudden. This is not American Football, this is a high performance sport and as such pauses would seriuosly change the way things are. Just imagine how the game changes when a player is injured seriously and for 4 minutes the game is stopped: if one team was on the offensive, he just can't continue on the offensive... and the whole game runs at a slower pace than before, which maybe won't even reach its previous speed at all.

Think the biggest issue is that officials don't communicate or apparently have respect/trust their co officials. Like Sepp blatter said re the 3 card incident - why didn't someone tell the ref. Maybe 2 observers would pick up anything that's missed.

Electronic comunication between refs should be mandatory from now on... and FIFA should provide the necesary equipment at a low price (japanese sponsor :rolleyes: ) to all the leagues.

A good idea, among many others would be to add other two side referees with flags and everything... comunications between 4 and main referee mandatory... if a yellow card foul is commited, both the injured player and the one who fouled him will go to the side of the field, and until the injured player is ok the other will enter the field again, if not then a red card could be awarded under certain circumstances... if a team comits more than 12 fouls, then a corner kick is awarded to the other team... if 24 fouls are comited, then a PK is awarded... you foul, you pay... 3 fouls by a player in one half of the game is inmediate yellow card... 3 fouls to the same player by a team is inmediate yellow card to the player who comited the last foul... etc. I think these are better suggestions than any electronic aid.

As for trying to include those weird rules from other sports... I don't think it will work. Baseball has more than 100 years of existing and so far if the home umpire says strike, even if it was not a strike ball, it will remain a strike ball... if this is changed then the sport will not be the same. Ref saying is the rule of the game, and as such they have to be as good as well as honorable as posible... they are the third team in the field, and as such then need to play to do the best game posible.

Speaking of games...

Germany vs. Argentina: if logic is stronger than will, then Germany should advance... yet Argentina's true potencial hasn't been shown yet. I wouldn't bet on this game unless I had a time machine.

Italy vs. Ukraine: Hmm, Italy should advance... easy game for them... or is it?

England vs. Portugal: Sorry for the people who are fans of Portugal but they will keep diving, making fouls, play dirty, delay game... all that their little football strength can't do for them. England isn't that good either, defense starts and ends in the midfield... I like England's team, I really hope they can advance... even if my scotish blood cells say the contrary :P

Brazil vs. France: HAHA, nothing good will come from this game... unless its a Zidane goal :) Brazil should beat France and advance to the final against Germany or Italy, who ever remains standing, and beat them easily... but should and should not do not exist in Football... hehe. I say mr Fatty scores two more goals :P

i heard that poll and the russian are off the invite list for the next matches it dont help the teatms that are hard done by in the least fifa have to statrt loking at the ways to make the game fairer but keep the game flowing i think that the games appeal is the speed that it happens at if it be comes stop start it will ruin the game some technology has to be introduced or we will loose faith in the sport but what has to be done ?????????

This is a typical X files conspiracy.

FIFA has a vested interest that the top 5 teams make it to the finals.

Why?

You go into any FIFA merchandise store in Europe and is you dont want Germany, Itlay, Brazil, France or Argentina then you can forget shopping there.

I went in looking for an Australian shirt two weeks ago - sorry dont have any, wont get any.

( I am Australian living in Germany)

Anyways, we need video refs to get rid of the actors and cheats from soccer. (e.g. hand of god by Maradonna)

go Australia in the next world cup!

respect

Well hope your cans are cool. Europe i think is taking the afternoon off.:)

Hope its a good game with no reffing errors:)

Poll i think has resigned from the international list.

Hmm, not sure if it was a good game... but it was surely interesting.

Argentina should have advanced, they offered a little more weight but the infamous PK's were devastating on players that already had played overtime in a previous match. Germany had the referee on their favor for all divided plays, and when their fouls required yellow cards the ref didn't show them... never before a local team had been favored this much, at least not since 1982.

But Germany will sufter the same thing against the winner of the next match, which should be Italy... I believe Italy should advance to the final, but now it could be the same with the Germans. On the other side three big teams still survive, and its just a matter of telling which one survives: Brazil has to, anything else would be a bad result for them... France, well 4 4 1 1?, don't think so... England, I am not convinced yet, but lets see what happens; Portugal, although not deserving to be still alive is quite complicated, just ask Netherlands about it :rolleyes:

was disappointed to see argentina go out. would have prefered to see argentina in the ukraine/italy group think the fifa rankings are at fault.

personnally italy v ukraine may be a bore, perhaps save a lot of time & just go 4 penalties. neither team has shown any positive great football yet imo, maybe they will start.

Well done steelballzz - think we found our best formation in the end 10 men:confused:

A poor performance up till then, rooney particularly needs to learn to keep calm. (wonder if there's a training ground incident with him & Ronaldo in the offing) Still sven can have his leaving do tonight. :)

ELIZONDO Horacio had a good game.