The HUGE BIG-BIG Windows Vista Thread

kelleybp

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, though it sucks, it has its reasons... i guess it could be turned off somehow via registry hack or a "powertoy" or something if a lot of people will complain...

im acctually looking forward to 64bit vista. i think its gonna be cool :)

It'll most likely be the same thing as XP and DVDs in the beginning, in the end all will work out fine, and I am not getting myself upset about it until I run the final version or even the next service pack.

No full HD playback in 32-bit Vista.

http://www.guru3d.com/newsitem.php?id=4299

And of course no unsigned drivers (MBM5 and most other tweakers programs) for the 64-bit version.

And a nice high price for this non-performance :)

Looks like I'll be using XP32 and x64 Edition for quite a while.

that's the exact reasons i still use 32 bit xp. x64 impressed me with it's responsiveness, but there's not enough support for most applications i.e. antivirus, mbm, etc.

it'll be some time into vista 64 before i consider the switch. let everyone else work out the bugs- and i'll switch when it becomes mainstream and/or necessary.

besides- BF2 won't play on it- I can wait!

I'm still a real big fan of x64 Edition (and I can assure you that MBM5 works on it - it also works on Vista x64 currently but _xhp_'s nVidia plug in does not).

If you're looking for x64 Edition drivers or program workarounds I'd suggest checking out www.planetAMD64.com "Download Section" on top right corner of Homepage.

I've uploaded some Vista x64 drivers there as well.

I'm still a real big fan of x64 Edition (and I can assure you that MBM5 works on it - it also works on Vista x64 currently but _xhp_'s nVidia plug in does not).

If you're looking for x64 Edition drivers or program workarounds I'd suggest checking out www.planetAMD64.com "Download Section" on top right corner of Homepage.

I've uploaded some Vista x64 drivers there as well.

I have to agree with that website. It was a lot of help when I was testing XP64 and even after it came out. I just wish there a download for Vista 64bit HP drivers but o well.

As for the HD playback I am not sure if that is going to be a big thing for me. I just do not have much of a setup to use it right now.

I have my dirt cheap HP 3930 working in in x64 Edition and found a workaround using the same drivers for Vista x64.

Let me know what model number your printer is (but they won't work in the final version come January, hopefully HP will release some official Vista x64 drivers by then).

I have my dirt cheap HP 3930 working in in x64 Edition and found a workaround using the same drivers for Vista x64.

Let me know what model number your printer is (but they won't work in the final version come January, hopefully HP will release some official Vista x64 drivers by then).

I have a Photosmart 2610. I can get it to print with the 990 drivers, but because it is networked I can not scan from it so I still have to go back to XP64. It would be nice to have it all work if I can. Right now I know Vista is beta so it is not a big deal I go back to XP64 when I need to. Thanks for any help.