The HUGE BIG-BIG Windows Vista Thread

kelleybp

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anybody get raid working yet on rc1? i followed the instructions on nvidia site and it still was showing up with about 4 drives instead of 1. i'm currently running on a single raptor just fine.

i have the latest official bios and am using build 5600 with the rc1 drivers from nvidia beta section.

http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/1-vt66299....d2327f04623825e

The special drivers worked for me kept getitn blue screenes with other drivers. Hope this helps

Well, I'm currently running Windows Vista Pre-RC1 on the laptop which isn't too bad considering.

RC1 is on the desktop and it performs sweet. Almost on par with Xp but there's still the bloody problem of unsigned drivers. *sigh* Microsoft should really allow users to run common programs...don't ask...

Guest SuppA-SnipA

setup a triple enviroment last night

1 xp (160gb sata)

2 ubuntu 6.06 LTS (80gb ide (ext 3))

3 Vista rc1 (80gb ide (ntfs))

GRUB bootloader

advise: do not use hard drive management apps like partiton magic onto the harddrive that has vista already on it

I made mention of it loading SATA RAID 0 in Post #189

It worked the same for me in 5536 Vista x32.

Just started the install from the correct OS (depending on which Vista you are using), loaded the SATA RAID drivers when asked, and then set up on a different partition.

I use the 6.67 F6's for x64.

http://premium1.uploadit.org/soundx98//%5B...RAID_FLOPPY.rar

ANd the 6.70 F6's for XP32.

http://premium1.uploadit.org/soundx98//%5B...RAID_floppy.rar

EDIT: Put some links up

do you load the drivers on the screen where it says where do you want to install windows? i've tried several times with 6.7s you posted, 6.86s from nvidia, and of course the rc1 drivers and i can't get it to show my raptors as one drive. i've tried everything possible. if i try to just go ahead it says "unable to find a system volume that meets the criteria".

did you start the install from in windows on a different drive? cause i'm booting off the dvd.

Yes I'm starting the install off XP Pro or x64 Edition depending on what Vista version I am loading. You still need to select clean install but NO I'm not booting off the DVD.

Edit: I think I loaded 5 drivers from the floppy - NV Raid Driver. 2x Raid Class storage device, and 2x NV Serial ATA Controller.

Yes I'm starting the install off XP Pro or x64 Edition depending on what Vista version I am loading. You still need to select clean install but NO I'm not booting off the DVD.

Edit: I think I loaded 5 drivers from the floppy - NV Raid Driver. 2x Raid Class storage device, and 2x NV Serial ATA Controller.

well i'm installing vista on an old 20gig as we speak so i'm gonna try starting off from there. this is really much more difficult then it should be at this stage.