The HUGE BIG-BIG Windows Vista Thread

kelleybp

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I read that page wrong, it is saying to go back and check your original email, presumably for the key you where sent with beta2. If you have problems activating i.e: This product key is in use, you can phone up the toll free number to activate. I did it myself earlier this evening.

I thought this thread would be really active today, what are all you vista d00ds doing?

Install (without RAID) was totally painless. started off the virtual drive, entered my Beta 2 key, and 30 minutes later I was at the desktop.

Found both wireless right off but I noticed second monitor was off. Did windows updayte for NV Sound and then went to ATI's site and the RC1 driver is definately better.

No issues with MBM5 but for some reason it is displaying Core 0, 1, and 2 Usage?

Everesyt working like a champ.

Vista complained aboutr Power DVD and Nero 6 but loaded em both and they are working fine.

Very painless - gonna do some tweaking and I'll report in tomorrow.

I'm doing x32 this time not x64 (but I got it downloaded just in case).

expires May 31st, 2007

I got sick of not being to listen to music for more than 5 minutes without it slowing down/crackling. So I went into device manager and removed the nvidia audio drivers.

I then installed the realtek vista beta drivers from here Vista Beta Driver Beta Version 2006/08/22 26354k

I haven't heard a crackle since! but I can't help feeling that the tracks I am hearing are speeded up ever so slighty, so slight that I'm not even positive that it is happening, but I think it is. Slight change of pitch on peoples voices.

I much prefer a feeling of a bit of speedup to completely inaudible slowing music though. Try it out, is it just me going mental?

I've tried everything I can think of to make it crackle too by the way, visiting tokyoplastic.com flash site while scrolling up and down a huge dfi-street thread, downloading from http, back and forward in web browser like crazy, minimising and maximising media player, messing with graphics equalizer etc etc.

Is it just me or are we all getting terrible divx/avi playback?

The picture is pixelated and within 10 seconds slows down to unwatchable 15fps i'd say.

Gonna try a DVD with powerdvd right now.

EDIT: Nah DVD's are fine, I guess it's a codec issue or something. Which brings me to my next question. Anyone know a good codec pack for vista, I've tried DefilerPak and Klite codec pack 2.77 so far, both display the pixelation and slowdown issues.

EDIT2: I've just realised that the pixelation/playback issues only occur when viewing on my TV. I can play a DVD on it with no performance issues, but pixelation is there. I can play a divx on my monitor with no performance issues or pixelation, but performance quickly goes from normal to unwatchable when displayed on the TV.. interesting.

I dont know if this works for Vista, but I would try the CCCP pack. Just google CCCP codec pack and you should get many sites with it hosted.

I use CCCP over the K-Lite,

-Will

OK, x64 and no go for me... Can only run the OS @ stock settings (no oc at all), can not install latest catalyst and many more problems. Am I the only one with so many issues?

Downloading x86 version right now, wish me luck.

Gipse