The Racing discussion Thread!

twigert

I have an '03 Cobra as my daily. I mostly just drag race it, but I have drifted it a couple of times. Its much to front heavy for drifting because of the cast iron block and top-mount supercharger, but that doesn't mean she can only go in a straight line. She handles very well for such a heavy car (3600 lbs.).

Im also building a '72 240z. Not really sure what Im putting in it, probably just gonna turbo-charge the 2.6L v-6 it already has and give it a 100 shot of nitrous. I'll probably end up street racing and drifting her. That way I can finally build the Cobra into a dedicated autocross car.

I've always wanted to build a rally or dirt racer, maybe when Im done with the other two. Its just that down here in South Florida you don't have to many places to race like that.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honda Prelude running auto-cross is about the only legit racing ive ever done, custom cold air intake (removed a headlight and ducted 3" custom made tin) K&N Filter, Koni struts & springs, stage 2 clutch, Kumho Victorace tires, lots of fun, and any car can be competitive due to the smallness of the tracks (acceleration or handling, whoever is better at 1 usually wins ;))

I used to drag an 86 F-150 with a 346 stroker in it, ran 12's in the 1/4, nothing special and not "break neck" but it def. surprised people.

the only racing ill actually sit down and watch is SCCA road course racing or AMA/FIM world Superbike/Super Sport/any thing to do with sportbikes.

Most of you know I have a 2006 Lancer Evolution MR IX... well near my house there's a 1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 (twin turbo, of course) for $9,995.

I was thinking about getting it as a second car, though I would have to pay for it an whatnot (I have enough to get it).

I was wondering what you guys think about the VR-4s? Obviously they suck for drifting with all wheel steering.

I might be better off with a Supra TT?

My friends dad (same guy with the Modena that I beat) owns a speed shop in town and they have a 1000HP Supra (invested over $80,000 into that thing. Can be seen here.). He gave me a ride in that the other day and needless to say I had to change my pants afterwards. I dont know. It's got 57,000 miles on it and it's in excellent condition. (The VR-4) Mostly stock. But I am 16 and don't NEED another car by any means, I love my Evo, but this is hard to pass up. They are so rare and even if I got my dad to buy it (for him to drive) that would be cool.

some wat off topic but it is a racing car about 3 weeks ago I want down to st. louis to see some cars including a ferrari fxx enzo nothing like seeing a 1.8 mill car i will get some pics posted if any one wants to see them.

You guys get Nissans over there? A nice Sylvia or Skyline? (Or even better a STAGEA! :D)

The Nissan RB engine (RB25DET, RB26DET) is one of the (possibly THE) most tunable engines out there.. VERY easy to get more horsies and VERY fun to drive.

Really brings the driver out in you with 4WD and a winding road ;)

LMAO @ CPDMF!

The 240SX is a Sylvia as far as I know, different name for a different country. Real good drift cars when you boost up the turbo. Not that you can really practice drift many places legally..

I've seen a few Skylines from the States in our forums over here. I must admit to being a big fan of v8's, but there's something very sexy about a straight six pumping out over a thousand horses through 4wd..

There's a guy here with a Stagea (Skyline wagon) with over 400kw at the wheels! Now THAT's a crazy daily drive!