The Racing discussion Thread!

twigert

I wondered the exact same thing! They had the Ford Sierra Cosworth which was a little ripper of a car. Turbo 4 and 4WD, light as and quick like a cat on fire.. then 2 yrs later there's nothing but big v8's and granny mobiles.

V8's are beaut but not everyone can afford one (or afford to run one!). The aussies get some nice cars though, supercharged V6's and turbo inline 6's.. very scrumptious!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Timmay
How much do you pay over there? I know in Ireland lastyear it was like $6 USD.

For the car around 9K NZD$ will pick you up a pritty nice example. Allow 11k for a very nice one.

EDIT (thanks TFK): for fuel, around $1.70 NZD$ a liter.

Guest Timmay

Yeah 96... ah I mean 95 :rolleyes: is alot better then the normal . most people put in their cars.

Scratch what I said about the merkur xr4t, though I still think its a sweet car. We had a that engine here in the fox-body Mustang with less boost. The engine I was lusting over is the one you have in the F6 270 turbo. Ford needs to get her and her sisters over here a.s.a.p.!

Guest Timmay
I can still remember when petrol was $NZ0.89 for the high octane.. ooohh.. what I'd give to have those days back again..

Hehe, you lucky SOB, Ive allways paid over 104cents PL. Back then when fuel hit 110cents everyone went nuts :shake:

I've been running Methanol in my race cars for as long as I can remember.

Race fuel like Sunoco Purple (114 Octane) are up to 5.60 a gallon. My chevelle will use 3/4 gallon of gas and just over 1/2 gallon of methanol (seperate system used with nitrous) per 1/4 mile pass. If I'm just driving it back and forth to work I use 92 Octane, pull 4 degrees of timing out of it and the bottle stays at the house.

The the more serious racers bikes use MR9 with only a octane of 87 and it is 20 dollers a gallon. Excess octane hurts HP especaly at high RPM. It is oxiginated thogh so it acts like nitrous witout the cooling. Tempting but I would rather spend the mony on tires. Need at least a new set each weeknd more if you get stuck behind people.