The AMD 3GHz Club

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wellp, my G.Skill RAM died on me. Memtested, threw a plethora and I mean MANY errors at and below stock speeds/timings/volts. :( Didn't even have original packaging, thank god for Newegg RMA. Looks like my RAM was the issue with the random Prime95 failures, not my 165 (hopefully, fingers crossed). Hopefully when I get my RAM back, I'll be able to hang with the big boys again, but for now she's a large paperweight.

Amen to that! I've never had RAM die so quickly though. Two days ago it was running fine at stock, the next day BAM, dead. Usually the failure has slowly crept up, but oh well, thats life/technology. I'm going to be very deprived of my OC addiction haha.

I know that a few of you have been worried sick about not hearing from me on the Peltier set up. We had a little problem here and I had to put my Wife in a Nursing Center. Contrary to popular belief, that did not give me more time to work on this stuff. No, quite the opposite. My Daughter and my Wife feel that I should spend all my time at the Nursing Center. Then there's the problem of all the case mods I am running into. I should have just bought the PC Power & Cooling !KW, it would have powered everything. No, I got to get an Aux PSU and relay kit, etc. I am getting the OCZ Gamester 700 to power my rig with SLI. I get an hour or two most days to work, but it's slow. Maybe I can get it running next week.

Meantime, I'm looking for AM2 stuff. Got the FX-62 just after AMD price cuts. Got a Waterblock from DD and I am waiting for some of that GS 2X 1Gig @4-4-4-5 [n GGR2 PC-8500. Then the 590 MR2 board. I'm going to cheap it and run the same 7900GTX cards in both machines. Just play with one at a time.

Hey, the OCDB entries are moving and looks like you've started a 32M SuperPi competition.

I'll try to join back in the action Soon.

Regards to all you hard working Champs.

Amen to that! I've never had RAM die so quickly though. Two days ago it was running fine at stock, the next day BAM, dead. Usually the failure has slowly crept up, but oh well, thats life/technology. I'm going to be very deprived of my OC addiction haha.

Well better that it busted a circuit now than later.. think of it as you being a quality control "OC person" that makes sure the hardware can go at stock and above without any problems.. after all that's what a warranty is there for, to replace defective hardware even if it broke while overclocking it to extremes.

to Ed:

My best wishes and prayers go out to your Wife and your family, may it all turn out well. don't worry you will soon be back into your lab pushing your hardware to new heights :)

for now, stay with the wifey and kids and spend some time keeping her stable and your kids happy. may GOD bless you all :)

I will say a prayer tonight for your family.