The AMD 3GHz Club

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way to truly find out how far you can stretch it is to go until it breaks.

I kept finding stupid little . that I thought might be holding me back, it was the same no matter what. I even went through my bios settings with the eenie-meenie-minie-mo approach. Same results.

I think i hit my limit with those score's, but of course i will keep pushing it till i break something.:rolleyes: I had to do a system restore last night almost hosed my os but it was worth it for those 11 second's lol. What i really like about this thread is all the guy's pushing each other to do better and of course the e penis swelling lol.

bh-6 eh? The good stuff :) Should be able to run the same timings as bh-5 (since it's the same chips, except binned differently).

I think the main aspects to pi (apart from clocks of course!) are the OS tweaks, I have taken a full minute (and more) off my previous 32M record time (the 24m time) just from turning off services, running in diagnostic mode (through msconfig) and running pi in realtime.

Once I've finished grappling with trying to max out these mushkins I'll put a brief writeup/ss of what I'm running (or not running as the case may be) so I can help you guys out (and hopefully learn a few more tricks I don't already know!).

yea man my comp just shut down on me today liek 4 times...i adjusted the rails to about .04 higher and now its been ruinning good. hopefully i dont need to buy a new psu already = 0

also now that you said all this...i realy wish i tweaked my os .. i was running with too many services

bh-6 eh? The good stuff :) Should be able to run the same timings as bh-5 (since it's the same chips, except binned differently).

I think the main aspects to pi (apart from clocks of course!) are the OS tweaks, I have taken a full minute (and more) off my previous 32M record time (the 24m time) just from turning off services, running in diagnostic mode (through msconfig) and running pi in realtime.

Once I've finished grappling with trying to max out these mushkins I'll put a brief writeup/ss of what I'm running (or not running as the case may be) so I can help you guys out (and hopefully learn a few more tricks I don't already know!).

Xs has a whole list of them including the Memmax one as well :D

That's kinda funny, those are the exact same tweaks i used + i had to add shutting off explorer and just turned it back on with task manager. i really wish i had my old bh-5 in here for a couple of run's but oh well, i am working on tightening up this uccc timing's and it seem's to like the 3337 timings i was running in pi.