The AMD 3GHz Club

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I've pretty much given up on getting mine stable at 3GHz, I'm running Prime95 at 2.9 right now and has been running for ALMOST 8 hours, once it passes that I'll cut it off and screen cap, I at least want my 2.9 readouts in the OCDB LOL

Where's the list of what all we need to have, on the first post or what?

Yeah it's gotta' be blend. My ocdb entry @2.9ghz is alot better than my 3ghz as far as 3dmarks and everest and other benches go. Plus it was really alot less stress on my processor. I was really pleased with that. I'm sure you'll get the 3g's eventually it's kinda' like the nf2 toasters. Once the bug bites ya' not too much can stop ya'. It might take ya awhile though. But I'm sure you'll get there.

These are on my stock/everyday settings:

1M time:

29ghz34381t30359skv2.th.jpg

32M time:

29ghz34381t32m26m59275spl8.th.jpg

Not bad for 2.9GHz eh? hehe.

Gonna crank her up to my 3GHz speed with the 600MHz ram in and see if it can run them... it can run AM3 but not 05, or 06, at those settings (So far), so we'll see.

Two CPDMF, I wouldn't waste my time with one LOL

Yeah I ran 2 for 8 hours, tempies never went above 44C LOL Gotta love in-window air conditioners.

Added by edit:

My 3GHz settings/SuperPi scores:

1M: (This is the second of three runs I did just to see if my score would go up or down)

3ghz2544101t1m28593sey3.th.jpg

32M: (Only ran it once cuz it's so long I get bored LOL)

3ghz2544101t32m25m37734svw6.th.jpg

They are actually a lot crappier than I thought they would be when compared to my 2.9 settings.

Course, when i get the 3GHz semi-stable, I have to turn most of the timings on the 600MHz ram down so much that it's slower performance than the 2.9, like Clay said LOL

Speaking of 32mil times .... TFK ... Here's mine.

Dunno whether i've said it but i done it with Mushkin Special Bb-6s. A pity they were 2x256Mb, i scanned through the Pi scores here and reckoned that a 2x512Mb kit at the same setting would have done much better. Now i've sold off my TCC5s, they were just horrible. I hated clocking with those, it give me problems everytime i changed rams and i thought it was time to sell it off.

This was done as my target of breaking 25 minutes in the 32mil Pi category. Just a personal aim i set out to do when i had the time.

24m53844s32milic0.jpg