The AMD 3GHz Club

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, anyone who thinks 1.55Vs is too much for everday use must have stock cooling or something.

My liquid is running mine at 1.525Vs 24/7 and the highest it ever sees (when under FULL LOAD) is 52C.

Once I switch to my TDX system (if I ever do, beginning to doubt I ever will) I expect that'll go down.

My opinion? If you're on air, anything over around 1.55Vs is pushing it for every day use... if you're on cheap liquid like I currently am, 1.6Vs or so is asking for it. If you're on good liquid? 1.65-1.7Vs would be pushing it. Phase? I've seen insano-people running 1.85 or so but I doubt it's 24/7 stable unless you're cwazy like kitfit LOL ::shrug:: Anyway...

I do agree with one thing someone said though, anything over 1.5 there's more than just heat that has to factor in to what's going on there, you've got all kindsa parts with more power than they were meant to have running through them... unless of course you're running a board made to handle it (AKA a DFI board) and an Opty that loves heat anyway... kinda like me.

I think my system is actually happier at 3Gs than it was at any settings I tried prior to hitting it.

And yes, again, I do run these settings 24/7/365. I have my system the way I want it and I'm happy with it... although to be honest I'm thinkin' about using my tax money to start another system... it's boring not having any tweaking to do LOL

I see GR's point...

It's more of a pricniple thing...

Jumping from 1.4 to 1.6 for 100mhz is just plain pointless...

100mhz isnt going to pop in real world performance...

the only place I ever saw 100mhz make a difference was in video encoding but still the volt increase isnt worth it when there are CPU's that will scale that high on alot less volts...;)

EDIT: I want to say...I dont think 1.6v is too much vcore to run. I was just trying to say the jump in .2v just doesnt seem worth 100mhz for some people...me included..but I have run it for a 200-400mhz jump...I think that *was* worth the juice...

Bumping this thread up...

I am moving in on some good Brisbane clocking...So far I am at 260x10.5 for 2739mhz at 1.3vcore....;)

idle temps 18c and full load temps (during 12hour orthos run) 30c

Taking a little bit to get the ram to play nice with the board and cpu but, I am getting there....Air cooling with the Zalman 9700 (set to half speed) and man that thing is huge....

That chip looks like it's got a good shot at 3g's. When I get some time I got ahold of my buddy's computer to do some work for them. It has my old value vx and the other 146 I got when I bought mine. Might have to throw up an entry with it but gonna have to use one of my power supplies. Won't even say what he has been running it with :eek: probably get flamed off the street.

LOL. I made an entry with an Ultra a long time back. Still have it and it still powers rigs just fine.

After a heated battle, I was informed that I had one of the first gen Ultra's and they were pretty good. I had to laugh at that one. At the time it was powering a Socket 478 Prescott at 4.4 ..

LOL. I made an entry with an Ultra a long time back. Still have it and it still powers rigs just fine.

After a heated battle, I was informed that I had one of the first gen Ultra's and they were pretty good. I had to laugh at that one. At the time it was powering a Socket 478 Prescott at 4.4 ..

This one came with his X-Blade case and he wondered why his rails read so low but at least it has a 24 pin connector. It actually (putting on my flame suit) has been totally stable for him with a decent overclock for well over a year and a half. The ram is the thing that wants the volts but I could just toss it on a low divider and clock the cpu up. Same stepping as my good chip and goofing with it before I sold it to him 3g's was no problem for it. It's my buddy who I was talking to you about so he won't be needing it for awhile unfortunately.

You know how it goes. Buy the best parts money can buy and then spend most of the time between your next upgrade trying to get it stable and RMA'ing. Slap some stuff together out of the closet and have uptime without so much as a reboot in excess of 900 days.

Given the circumstances under which you have the rig, I would just add it to your sig and call it your own. Going to be a touch outdated by the time he needs it back anyway.

No doubt about that man, I am finally getting my sisters rig built outta parts i've had laying around. When that system is up she won't have to worry about it for at least a couple years. Not a board for clocking or anything but ran as my file and gameserver for over 2 years without a reinstall.

Yeah he wants me to keep him up to date on the tech side of things so he doesn't end up like a noob or anything. I have been wanting to punch some volts into some good ram since I sold this set to him. Might have to put it in the expert with the 165 and have some fun.

Oh well, earlier this week i was remounting the evap head and chiped the core(naked)on my 170 :sad:. Managed to get myself a nice 175 off the bay, CCBWE 0551VPMW. She's running at my normal 3gig setings, but a vcore of 1.482 instead of 1.63. One thing that is very odd though, the 11x multi just is'nt giving me as good a clock as the 10x multi. I can't figure that out at all. For instance, 11x273 fails Orthos in a couple of mins. But 10x300, just run and runs. There's nothing as odd as cpu's :confused:

can I still get into the table?

FX55 @ 3042MHz @ 1.472v/ Corsair Twinx1024 @ 234MHz @ 2.5-3-3-8-2T @ 3.1v

DFI LANPARTY nF3 Ultra-D - 711 BIOS

AMD Athlon FX55 CABYE 0524 VPMW Venus

2x512MB Corsair Twinx1024 (UTT) in Orange slots

Connect3D Radeon X850Pro

WD Caviar SE 320GB IDE (16MB cache)

WD Caviar SE 160GB SATA (8MB cache)

WD Caviar SE 160GB SATA (8MB cache)

Enermax EG365AX-VE(FMA)

==========

BIOS Settings:

FSB Bus Frequency - 233

LDT/FSB Frequency Ratio - 4x

CPU/FSB Frequency Ratio - 13x

AGP Frequency - 66Mhz

CPU VID StartUp Value - AUTO

CPU VID Control - AUTO

CPU VID Special Control - +0.2v

LDT Voltage Control - 1.60v

Chip Set Voltage Control - 1.50v

DRAM Voltage Control - 3.200v

DRAM Configuration Settings:

DRAM Frequency Set - 200=RAM/FSB:1/1

Command Per Clock (CPC) - Disabled

CAS Latency Control (Tcl) - 2.5

RAS# to CAS# delay (Trcd) - 03 Bus Clocks

Min RAS# active time (Tras) - 08 Bus Clocks

Row precharge time (Trp) - 03 Bus Clocks

==========

SuperPi mod1.4 32M

http://www.possessed.5gigs.com/imgs/32Mpi.JPG

==========

short description:

334x13 @ 3042Mhz, 1.472v

334MHz @ 2.5-3-3-8 @ 3.14v vdimm

Guest drteming
can I still get into the table?...

Dude, read the first page of the thread and check out the Overclocking Database section of the forum.

On a different note, I got my greasy hands on the Expert board. Unfortunately, one of my Ballistix's had an errror on memtest (picked up on the Expert board but not on the Biostar TForce-6100) so they are back to Crucial for RMA. I should get them back on Wednesday. I used my old OCZ PR2's (used to run 278 MHz at 2.5-3-3-7, but now won't go above 245 MHz no matter what) and have easily reached 360 x 9 at 1.57v with a 133 divider. Let's see what happens when my Ballistix's get back...