For real use of the computer more memory is better. For benching A64's the fastest, least capacity modules are easier on the mem controller.

I tried the 146 I picked up on phase last night, it's cold-bugged at 0 Celsius so I'm moving on to the very bottom of the barrel and going to try my 3000 Venice on phase. It does 2750 on air so 3.0 should be easy enough.

Still trying to find out if 65nm Socket AM2 suffers from cold bugs but there isn't any info on it out there. They are cheap as hell and I wouldn't feel bad about killing a $90 CPU to get past 3.2

most all 65nm AM2's will do 3G's at slightly above stock vcore..

my 4000 will do 2800mhz on 1.3v and is limited by ram voltage...so we'll see now that I got a Epox board...

the 3600 I got will scale pretty good on 1.25v

Stepping is CCBBE 0615. I am actually running it a bit slower now at 325x9. it wasn't stable whilst playing games. I will have to fix voltages I suppose to get it running correctly. But it did everything else fine at 3.0ghz.

I'm also surprised at how cool it's running. 36C idle for my cpu and 39C idle for mobo. The Zalman 9700 is very good.

Right now i am running SP2004 and my temps are 38 degrees thats at 100% Cpu load. When it is at idle it is at about 25-26 degrees that is with the xp-120 the big brother of the xp-90.

Stepping is CCBBE 0615. I am actually running it a bit slower now at 325x9. it wasn't stable whilst playing games. I will have to fix voltages I suppose to get it running correctly. But it did everything else fine at 3.0ghz.

I'm also surprised at how cool it's running. 36C idle for my cpu and 39C idle for mobo. The Zalman 9700 is very good.

36 idle? What are your load temps?

I've seen a lot of good results with that stepping - a voltage bump should do the trick :)

OK need some input from ya all. I got a 3700+ at 3.gig. in a ultra D. 1 gig of Tccd. it seams super fast. I'm loving it . SPi looks better then I've ever seen SPi. it games grate. but when i run my bench tests my scores are between 1000 to 1400 under my 3500+ at 2850. what should i be looking for?

I just thought i'd post this up:

thumb_3157-plats-11multi.JPG

I've been working my way up ever since i got my 175. The bios is Neo's RX-14A, which is a cracker to work with. The cpu id of 875 is a deliberate bit of code in the bios, but it is a 175.

Nice one kitfit, what cooling was that on?

My only shot at another 3G entry is a lowly 3000+ Venice, it's the only thing I have that isn't cold-bugged. It did 2745 on air so it should go past 3G fairly easy on phase. Plus it will give me a chance to test out my TCCD with Merlins bios. We'll see what happens over the weekend and make a run at it on Sunday.

First I have to take care of my 14 year old nephews computer that I built for him last year. Puberty is such a wonderful time in a mans life. He has found the wonderful world of internet pRon and all of the things that come with it and bring your computer to a screeching halt. My other nephew is 17 and has the same problems with another computer that I built because to play the video he needed to download a "plugin". To a 17 year old kid the only answer to that question is yes, please download the plugin. LOL. They are kind of making me look bad because my sister seems to think a computer should last more than 6 months. Sometimes I wonder about my sister, for growing up around me and my not so innocent life she sure is naive. I'll just let her stay that way on this subject, grab some of the content off the hard drives to add to my collection, wipe them clean and start over.