drteming, you will need to update your files for Aquamark3 to run properly with your ATI video card.

google Direcpll.zip

Well kinds, I broke 28.2 seconds on my SuperPi 1M entry while running in diagnostics mode... 28.187 if I remember right... I would post the screenie right now but I'm ticked off and tired...

Guest drteming

That f****r failed in 15 minutes, oh well, it was not meant to be. Back to the drawing board.

@ Kingfisher, Thanks, will do.

Guest drteming

Nope, 345 x 9 at 1.5 v is the wall, and it looks like it's MB limited. I just ordered the last remaining open box Lanparty Expert board from newegg (for $59.99! cheaper than the Biostar). Hopefully the processor has what it takes to hit 3.2+ GHz. I'm gunning for the top of the list...:P

Nope, 345 x 9 at 1.5 v is the wall, and it looks like it's MB limited. I just ordered the last remaining open box Lanparty Expert board from newegg (for $59.99! cheaper than the Biostar). Hopefully the processor has what it takes to hit 3.2+ GHz. I'm gunning for the top of the list...:P

Some one has to bump me and I would be pleased if it were you. I've had chips do 2.999 and crap out after 2 minutes at 3.0, really frosts ur butt, if you know what I mean, especially after you kill them at 1.7 Vcore trying a little more Volts to get over.

ps: pay no attention to my sig, I killed that 6800 months ago.

I just ordered an S-D XP4000 maybe now just maybe I'll get a really really good 1. I dunno I've seen some that have had troubles past 2750. Well see when it gets here I'll check it against the steppings of it's peers. If it's a real killer hehee... Maybe I'm back in the superpi race. LOL

@Ed: Yeah I know what you mean it took me nearly a year to get my 148 to GGG. I kinda' think it is a mem controller issue. (Pretty sure)

I think it's more ram dependant...Mine took less than 4 hours to get there and then just the stability runs to finish it off...;)

I think it's more ram dependant...Mine took less than 4 hours to get there and then just the stability runs to finish it off...;)

You could be right Doc.. I did have to use a divider to (9/10) To get over it. But she'd run fine @307X9 1-1. When I put er' on the 10 or 11 muli,in the 3000+mhz ballpark Things didn't look so good. even @274x11. Hehee. Well its done anyway. I'm still hoping to do better.

Edit:Well it memtested good @307X9 I went back to 300x9 prime just now to double check be sure I wasn't in error on the above statement and she failed prime. Changed a coupla' settin's and she's priming along now just fine.

I guess I'll stop prime and see if she acts better at 300+x10 Prime...

I feel bad when I think of all these people that grilled a processor for a year to get 3Gs and I just kept swappin' out til I found one that got me to it in three days :-D lol

Course I already had my RAM sitting pretty from running it with a Opty 165 when I started with the 185 for 3Gs, so I had some lead-way in to the goal.

Kinda like a penalty kick instead of an "honest" goal LMAO

*OFF TOPIC*

Hey guys... I just started playing Starcraft again recently (online this time as my net can actually handle it!!!) and I've noticed, very very occasionally (not often, like 1 in 20 times) when I exit out of Starcraft... my main screen is black, only thing I can see is the mouse. My secondary screen is normal, and I can drag stuff I can't see on the main screen over to my secondary... rebooting fixes it (of course or I wouldn't be writing this) but I'm wondering... anyone had similar problems?

I think 3g's+ is dependent on everything really. Cpu+ram+mem controller. In my case, once i had the means to get to 3g's(phase, my cpu is a crap stepping)it was fairly easy. What was very difficult though was getting to 3.1g's. It took me months and in fact at various times i gave up. But on a week off work(with no Mrs Kitfit around :D)i finally found the one setting that did the trick Trfc. So once again, it was ram(as it nearly allways seems to be).

I'm priming @302x10 now I really don't have much hope It's seems I tried all these timings before. 1.575 vid. It's seems to do everything ok except prime. If she fails I'll push the vid up. and try again. If fails try some other timings. It could be timings. But goodness only knows. I can be aweful stuborn about stuff like that.LOL

Edit: Passed 1024kfft,8kfft,10kfft. Hummm it could fluke out..

@Clay, are you still running your 4800 Plats? If you are post up you settings. I might be able to give you a few pointers that you may not have thought of.