The AMD 3GHz Club

Thank you "Kitfit", I'll sure give er' a whirl. I don't use cmos saves.(Cmos reloaded?) but I'll sure disable that thing. And re-enter everything from optimised. Prime good 5-1/2hrs sofar. @My 24/7 setting.

Edit:@KitFit: Is that thing supposed to turn itself back on? It looks like disabling it clears everything then it turns self back on. (Kinda' neat lol)

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit:@KitFit: Is that thing supposed to turn itself back on? It looks like disabling it clears everything then it turns self back on. (Kinda' neat lol)

Yep, and it does a much better job than loading defaults. As far as i can tell it's as good as a cmos reset(unless the bios is borked). When you load defaults, it seems to me that the clear it does is not as good as disabling the ACPI SRAT and then loading defaults. When i have a known good setting and for some reason it's not working right, that's what i do and it works every time.

OK guy quick ? Im new to the 2 gig ram world. my understanding is if you use a divider then use what ever divider you got to use to get the lowest timings. OK now with the gig sticks there ant no low timings so do i run them at 2.5-3-2-7 @ 217 150 or 3-4-4-8 at 252 on 166 ?

In july 2005, the X2's came along and I grabbed a 4200+ which I used for my first ever OC and made OCDB @2.8 Ghz. I noticed prices yesterday on NewEgg and ordered the 6000+ X2. Due in Friday. Wonder if it can OC by 600 Mhz. Sure am going to try it out. $200 is a lot better than the $700 for the 4200+ so I can smoke it if needed. Time to start thinking 4GGGG. Lord, give me a hot one. I want to burn SuperPi.

OK guy quick ? Im new to the 2 gig ram world. my understanding is if you use a divider then use what ever divider you got to use to get the lowest timings. OK now with the gig sticks there ant no low timings so do i run them at 2.5-3-2-7 @ 217 150 or 3-4-4-8 at 252 on 166 ?

Rule is: CPU speed is the first priority, then memory and loose or tight, whichever makes your day. Loose timings at 2T work well for cpu speed.

Have fun.

@Ed: Hehe.... Enjoy ... I had some hopes of catching you. But I sorta' ran into a a glitch of sorts. (LOL) Now where this glitch actually exist. It's really hard sayin' . Hardware,software,timings,voltages. Or between the chair and keyboard. (Later being most likely the crux of the problem) I expect a platform upgrade or phase cooling maybe a ways down the road for me especially since the other day I decided that my "Litespeed" was still a 1/2lb too heavy. I haven't played with pi's for coupla' daze.(Taking a break!) But still I hope to improve. (Allways...)

@Kit: Thanks I didn't know about that. I've semi corrupted bios before to the point I had no choice but to simply reflash.(Superpi's) I wonder if this would have worked in those cases. (I'll be sure to try it next time)

@Will: That's the generally accepted method of overclocking nf4 is divider to the tightest timings. But to be honest I think you'll have to test to be sure. I'm saving the big sticks for my next platform. Which doesn't look like anytime soon.

=Clay;737838

@Will: That's the generally accepted method of overclocking nf4 is divider to the tightest timings. But to be honest I think you'll have to test to be sure. I'm saving the big sticks for my next platform. Which doesn't look like anytime soon.

yeah. well i traded my TccD for a new set of BH-5 just for the benching. And will work grate in the RDX200:D (no mods) And to tell what I've seen so far i don't see one change with two gig over the one gig except maybe a slite difference in PSP9 maybe. And i tested both ways with tight and loose and spi and bench test don't show no difference. but the 2.5-3-2-7 appears to be a bit faster with desktop stuff

Relative to BH-5s.

We had a waarning from AMD passed to us by I believe OCZTONY, that care was required with memory that used higher Volts such as tyhe bh-5's. That Voltage is present at the memory controller and can effect the operation of the CPU. InFact, it was specificlly mentioned that it could kill a CPU. You have to increase Vcore when using the advanced voltages required with the BH-5's. Just a word to the wise. This was reason I went to Tccd and no further problems. I did love those Geil One's though. The Idea of running them 1.5-2-2-0 was fun you could hear them clicking during SuperPi runs.

course those were all 2X512 and now I run 4X1Gb.

Guest navinjohnson

I have worked out a few problems with my rig and I am finally getting boots past 3ghz with less than 1.7v. My only concern is my core temps. At 1.6v I am idling at 43C and full load with 60-62C. Should I be concerned... or are these temps allowable? I can't afford to burn this thing up.

... and my PWM IC is getting up to 75C...