The AMD 3GHz Club

Okay, either I'm not doing the search right, people don't submit their results anymore, or I just got the second highest 3Dmark05 score for a single 8800GTX with an AMD processor clocked in the range of 2990-3010Mhz, ever LOL

Reinstalled the 162.18 drivers after backing up everything and setting a restore point and I just nailed 16502. The highest one on here is 16978 and that's with some weirdo Non-WHQL drivers.

Kinda spiffy, never realized how well off I was... I also realized how close I am to the scores of an 8800GTX with a X6800 processor in test scores, although I'm a bit further behind in real-world (gaming) performance. Glad I didn't upgrade to Intel at the drop of a hat ;)

I'm debating SLI still... I'd really like to see if I could maybe just make break 20K in 3DMark05, that'd be sweet.

More to come since I don't wanna keep posting over and over, I'll just add it here.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest drteming

With the 165's going for 95 bucks at newegg, I couldn't help myself. Came by UPS today. Got a rebadged A64 X2 with LCBQE 0711SPAW stepping. It appears to go 2.8 GHz on stock voltage, 2.9 GHz with ~1.45v and seemingly stable at 334 x 9 with 1.59v. This thing is behaving like my CCBBE 061DPMW chip, so another possible GGG entry in the making. However, my temps were way high with the AC Freezer 64 pro. Gonna look at the ultra 120 like navinjohnson, but I gotta check to see if the sucker will fit into my case.

--followup

Ha, ha. I have about a 2.5 mm clearance. I wonder if I put thermal pads on the side panel of the case over the ends of the heat pipes, will it increase the cooling effectiveness?

--followup followup

Dang it!, didn't measure the width yesterday, and 120mm heatsinks will not fit, even the downdraft type (interferes with the hard drives--I got a small case). Anyone know about the release date of the Thermalright Ultima-90A?

--followup followup followup

Problem solved. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817991002

Probably the wrong place to be asking this, but does anyone know if a place, or if it even exists, a 3DMark05 1.3.0 PATCH is available? I really don't want to waste 2 hours and 300MBs of bandwidth downloading it again just to UPDATE to 1.3.0 so I can submit my freakin' score online LOL

to bad someone we know that had a fast server up. had this stuff. fastest isp i can pay for and still get slow butt downloads cause everyone turns there uploads to 2kb:mad:my uploads run 80 90 kb and my downloads at 2kb:mad:

Mine is the same way, after we hit our bandwidth limit for a 24 hour period (425MB) we get throttled back to like 2-10KB/s downloads and uploads are even slower... whereas with our net not throttle we can DL at around 200KB/s now and upload between 20 and 75KB/s

Mine is the same way, after we hit our bandwidth limit for a 24 hour period (425MB) we get throttled back to like 2-10KB/s downloads and uploads are even slower... whereas with our net not throttle we can DL at around 200KB/s now and upload between 20 and 75KB/s

You really need to move into town:)

Your tent may be blocking signal.:):):):)

Did you see Soundx98's stats? Life is not fair.

yeah i got (20480 Kbit/s download, 1024 Kbit/s upload) with no limit of downloads bandwith but it dont do no good when everyones limits there uploads. guess i need to find out what the best site is for pay download sites is cause the free sites SUCK. when it takes your 1.5 hours to download a patch:mad:

Could be useing the wrong port on my nf4 -d ? what ones the best?

seams the faster i go and the more money i spend the slower it goes :D

Guru3D has pretty good download rates, if the patch you need is available there, I finished the whole of 3DMark05 (286MB) in 26 mins, 50 secs.

Random question for the floor...

Anyone know of a place that sells power cord splitters that have two INPUTS and one OUTPUT (as in one could plug it in to two batteries and then output to one device)? IF I can find a cord that can do that, I'm gonna get dual-Belkin 1500VA UPSs for my new system (and the old as well til I sell it) and do it that way so battery life is as high as possible when the power is out...

Anyone? lol