This is sad...

OK, I'm admitadly spoiled, not rotten, but being the oldest of two children has it's advantages. (I pay for ALL of my computer parts with my own hard earned money) Well... My brother has a friend who's 10. They live across the lake. My brother, Michael, went over to this kids house for a few hours tonight. Gets back at 9. Says, "guess what David, Charlie got a new Mac." (I was thinking, you know, maybe a used iBook or something). Called Charlie's older brother (whom I hardly know).

Charlie, 10, got a 17" MacBook Pro. To go along with that, a 60GB iPod.

The week before that, a custom made paintball gun, at $1500.

Two weeks ago, Premium Xbox 360.

Three weeks, 60" Plasma TV in his room. I think you get the idea.

How can one parent spend SO MUCH money on a child who is only 10 years old?

You think someones in for a rude awakening when the real world comes? LOL

JEEZ can you ask this family to pay the rest of my way through school? only got 2 years left :) ask nicely would ya

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sucks.

I earn all my money to pay for my computer, etc, by giving maths tuition.

I make like $80 a week tax free for like 7 hours work, which is great at 17.

One of the kids I tutor gets spoilt like crazy as well:

When the new Ipod came out, he got it.

He got bought a top set of golf clubs because he wanted to start. Then he p*ssed off the manager at the golf club and got thrown out and has no use for them now.

He got bought a $900 computer for no reason. Only good thing was I got paid $60 for designing and building it.

But then you see what a little . the guy is, and you can take satisfaction in knowing that what you have, you earned, and that you are a good person.

Maybe as said above the parents are compensating for something.

The guy is living with his mum here in France, and his Dad is in Iceland. I don't know if that's the cause, but his attitude is messed up, and he's going to have a problem once he enters the real world.

My parents have plenty of money. I don't get spoilt, and I like to think that I turned out ok. (Ok well I spoil myself then ;))

LOL I got the first 5th gen iPod that my local Best Buy had, but I had the money ready, I didn't just get it because I asked my parents. I had to work for that.

My parents paid $35000 for my car (I'm not bragging).

You might be thinking OMGWTF that spoiled kid. Well, I have to pay for insurance, gas, and any upgrades I do to it. If I get in an accident?

I'm accountable. And it was also my 2-year-in-advance graduation present. And it covers birthdays and Christmas's for the next ten or so years.

Yes, I got it handed to me, but my parents do not, I repeat, do NOT do that often. If ever.

They won't give me money if I don't make it in the real world.

(I'm very motivated... CCNA certified, A+ certified, working as a computer technician full time this summer... and I'm only a sophmore in highschool)

Wow, i never knew you were only a sophmore...lol. Now im jealous:p. You remind me of Hulk Hogan's son with his Supra,except I dont think he deserves that car...he barely knows what to do with it, and he doesn't work as much. But with you, its like you got like a lump sum for a gift and chose not to have multiple payments. :)

My rule for seeing if a rich kid is spoiled or not is if they are a pretty good person, actually work or do something to earn the stuff they get. I have a friend with a older 240sx converted to a all-out JDM Sileghty/S13 w/SR20 and everything(interiour +exterior). Its not as clean as it should be but the guys a good person, also he helps out his dad in the shop(aftermarket parts shop)... whats funny is that he has to pay off the car to his dad since the dad bought it and paid for everything. I actually have a good amount of friends that work hard for the things they have.

Guest oRiOn

I admit I am spoiled. I am getting a new Evo for a car (not christmas graduation but for my birthday). I have a 360, all that jazz and get A's and B's due to me not having motivation in school right now; I beleive I am in a slump but next year it will be all A+'s. This summer I am working at a garage ( www.j-tuners.net parts being added) and doing my regular design firm stuff. When I ever buy anything I usually pay half of the price, my dad chipping in the extra.

-Will

is there a reason why there are like 9 instances of that pic in your sig? I suggest you fix it quickly please

And why are they all diffrent sizes. Dont forget that delete funtion.

Plenty of nice rich kid and complete wase of space hope the for tune is enough to last his life too though it rarly is and sadlt those trust fund babies often have a hard time relating to the rest of the world.

Got tons of them in Johnson County most actualy are nice just weard.