Sign in to follow this  
UncleDavid218

This is sad...

A Modena is the focus of the Ferrari world. There is a reason why it was replaced. But if we've gonna do that, hell, my retarded little Sentra can beat a Lotus Esprit.... in their sad little four banger days.

I think you ae confused though a sentra is a suprisingly sporty car. I rember one of those crazy 4banger Lotus making more HP than a corvette and weaghing less than a errr sentra. It is not about the HP anyway it is the suspension that was the key it was a roadracing car not drag racing and even the non turbo ones coul wipe the floor with just about any american car of the time roadracing . Who cares if it has 500HP if you cant trun. anyone with a good wallet and a good mecanic can go fast in a strait line.

Those "I beat a _____" comments are a joke unless you know the person, that they can launch/shift, and it was a true race. I haveeven seen plenty of people claim a win when the other person wasnt racing :rolleyes:

Not bagging on drag racing I just find it booring. I am sure I would like it more if I had the cash. There is no competition with drag racing bikes too few people have the skils that is no dun either winning all the time.

Or go by my younger brother's theory that every red light is a race, and its the other guys fault if he doesnt know it. I really don't know how he backs that up.

Lotus espirit or lotus espirit 350?

The 350 is not a 4 banger...

It's an 8 with a turbo...

I never heard of the espirit, must be an old model I dn...

Or go by my younger brother's theory that every red light is a race, and its the other guys fault if he doesnt know it. I really don't know how he backs that up.
lol. I rev my engine, look for cops (or listen), and if the other guys is game I usually woop his arse. Though I got smoked by a 240SX yesterday.

howd this go from your spoiled neihbor to drag racing..?

anyhow I personally prefer import's for various reason's. 1 of which being cost to performance, IMO you may pay around the same for an import and its american counterpart BUT you get alot more for what you pay.

another is reliabilty/durability (generally, ive seen a ford ranger with 400k+ miles on it but just once)

Aside from that like Joe said, drag racing (IMO) is not a true representaion of what a car can do. You throw that same modena in the twisty's and not many cars can keep up with it.

I may get flamed for the following statment but it somes up my drag racing opinion....

Any idiot can drive in a straight line, it takes true skill to manipulate a corner.

Sentra SE-R = a pretty damn snappy car, 240SX is a 2400lb car, doesnt take alot to get them motivated, Lancer Evo is also a damn good car, Neon SRT-4 (its about as american as italian wine) is another one thats underrated. Subaru Impreza WRX, and i forgot the subname of the Legacy sport sedan with the boxer/turbo but thats coming to the US to.

My brother came home lastnight only to say "Guess what, Charlie got a new desktop computer!"

Turns out, it's a G5 with a 30" Cinema Display.

He has coined the name "Prince Charles" around my houseold...

Guest oRiOn

G5's are nice peices of equipment, my bro got one and I love playing around with it when I go to his house.

About the Tranny/Transfer yeah I know, thats why before I start going hardcore on the engine mods I am getting all new suspension and control arms, then get my tranny rebuilt with beefier parts from a guy on the evom.com forums

Sentras are ok, I prefer the 240sx's with the S14 conversion and a SR20 motor (friend is doing that)

About that dude that got a brand new F-150 and raised it, the amount of people that do that is unbelievable here in the OC, so many girls with brand new 3 series and mercedes, also a lot of people with F-150's Silverado's and the Chevy HD's

-Will

howd this go from your spoiled neihbor to drag racing..?

anyhow I personally prefer import's for various reason's. 1 of which being cost to performance, IMO you may pay around the same for an import and its american counterpart BUT you get alot more for what you pay.

another is reliabilty/durability (generally, ive seen a ford ranger with 400k+ miles on it but just once)

Aside from that like Joe said, drag racing (IMO) is not a true representaion of what a car can do. You throw that same modena in the twisty's and not many cars can keep up with it.

I may get flamed for the following statment but it somes up my drag racing opinion....

Any idiot can drive in a straight line, it takes true skill to manipulate a corner.

Sentra SE-R = a pretty damn snappy car, 240SX is a 2400lb car, doesnt take alot to get them motivated, Lancer Evo is also a damn good car, Neon SRT-4 (its about as american as italian wine) is another one thats underrated. Subaru Impreza WRX, and i forgot the subname of the Legacy sport sedan with the boxer/turbo but thats coming to the US to.

You calling me an idiot? :) I should throw you in my street car and take you out on the roads where we normally race and see if you can even keep it iun a straight line. But seriously, it doesn't take much of a brain or education for any type of automobile racing whether it be road racing, oval, or drag.

I got pretty heavy into sprints when I was about 17, loved the hell out of it. Only problem was after a couple crashes, rolls and one fire my Mom wouldn't come anymore, so she sat at home and was worried every time I loaded up the car and left for the track. I gave that up and started taking my street car to the track and have been drag racing every since. Since then I built her a 79 Malibu that runs 11.20's and we have a helluva lot of fun.

We should just make a thread about racing...lol. Were starting to go off of the original subject.

Hey now, you guys haven't mention the Turbo Solstice... that thing will be a lower end exotic contender! 260hp/260 ft/lbs in a 3000 flat car! The thing is capable of 3 degrees camber!

..............................................................................................._

That's like a friggin race car! The power delivery looks exactly like this /..., meaning, totally artificially limited. Flat lines do not happen in non-artificially restricted engines. The thing pulled low .9x skidpad numbers in it's "non-performance" form imagine with a simple set of springs/tires!

I'm really psyched by this car.

We should just make a thread about racing...lol. Were starting to go off of the original subject.

I agree, it seems the original discussion has been completed, so if you want to disuss cars/racing/modding/whatever, make a new thread so other people can find and join in. :cool: