This is sad...

OK, I'm admitadly spoiled, not rotten, but being the oldest of two children has it's advantages. (I pay for ALL of my computer parts with my own hard earned money) Well... My brother has a friend who's 10. They live across the lake. My brother, Michael, went over to this kids house for a few hours tonight. Gets back at 9. Says, "guess what David, Charlie got a new Mac." (I was thinking, you know, maybe a used iBook or something). Called Charlie's older brother (whom I hardly know).

Charlie, 10, got a 17" MacBook Pro. To go along with that, a 60GB iPod.

The week before that, a custom made paintball gun, at $1500.

Two weeks ago, Premium Xbox 360.

Three weeks, 60" Plasma TV in his room. I think you get the idea.

How can one parent spend SO MUCH money on a child who is only 10 years old?

You think someones in for a rude awakening when the real world comes? LOL

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've got a little boy and he DOES NOT get every thing he wants he gets what he earns a lot of parents that work long hours feel the need to compensate for there absents buy letting them off or spoiling them, it's guilt and it's wrong but try and tell them their bad whoa big fight unfortunatly the only person that is hurt from all this is the child

In this case it's just the opposite. His mom is an heir to her fathers fortune. She's never worked a day in her life. His dad is a college professor.

My parents give me a lot of stuff, but I am expected to help my dad run the business and do the dishes, clean, laundry, etc, etc.

I dont think its a bad thing, we all want our kids to have things that we dreamed of having.

As long as the kid is respectful to others and doesnt rub his wealth in other kids faces I dont see the harm. There is no shame in buying your kids cool stuff and if he is in line to recieve such wealth in the future then the real world for him isnt gonna be an issue.

The "Real World" is only for people like us that arent rich as hell...lol

I see intensive therapy in this kids future.

It's amazing but almost all the "rich kids" that I went to school with have had nothing but trouble in their adult lives. They didn't get a good grounding in life so they have no idea how to react as an adult.

One kid did do just fine. But, his parents made him work hard in addition to getting all the things that wealth can provide. He learned the lessons you can only learn from trying and failing.

25 years later, he's taken his parents company from 30 employees to over 5,000 on three continents.

He's a prime example of how raising a kid right works whether you're rich or poor.

my parents kicked me out of the house by the time im 15, sent me to military/catholic all-boys high school, then sent me to 7000km away to Canada once i grad highschool to live by myself with enough money for tuition fee and first 3months...