Your entertainment system?

Daddyjaxx

Nakamichi AV500, 4 sony towers w/ dual 10's and a 27" trintron.. I'm niot real picky about sound. Been racing cars since I before I had a license and a mechanic for 20 years.

What I think sounds good is a 385 cubic inch small block chevy spinning 9000 rpm.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome setup Osama!

I noticed you have the HD-DVD drive for the 360. How do you like it? I'm considering one...

I love it I just which I could see 1080p. What is the resolution on your monitors man?

(do you have an xbox 360 hooked up via vga to the monitors? I have a cable for sale if you want)

Maybe your monitors can achieve 1080p.

Speaking of man I really want a 1080p TV. Taking recommendations.

My monitors are still 1680x1050, and I do have the cable but don't really use it (not because of bad quality, but because it looks so much better on the family TV)

Speaking of that, we have a Panasonic TH-42PX60U.

But I guess, as far as LCD TV/Monitors go, the Westinghouse LVM-37W3 is very popular.

Here is 56 pages of information/pictures from Hard Forum. I REALLY wish I'd have gotten this over my monitors. I might sell them in favor of this.

Need camera...

Nothing much, anyway. Awful 28" Sanyo CRT, PS2, and sound out through a stereo hi-fi setup - Cambridge Azur 640 v2 CD player and amp on a crappy old black wooden stand (has to be the next thing to go). Powered with bundled mains on amp, Russ Andrews mains on CD player and all on a mains block bought on eBay ( made a BIG difference - made by the seller, one of those guys with like a hundred testimonials in the listing). Driving a couple of Wharfedale Valdus 400s with dents in the middle of the lower cones (bought second hand, in complete ignorance of what a find they were :D ) and Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo 1s on average stands.

Stock pics r us:

a07674_640a-amp_s2.jpg

VAL400prmeduse.jpg

7473-photo-medium.jpg

My monitors are still 1680x1050, and I do have the cable but don't really use it (not because of bad quality, but because it looks so much better on the family TV)

Speaking of that, we have a Panasonic TH-42PX60U.

But I guess, as far as LCD TV/Monitors go, the Westinghouse LVM-37W3 is very popular.

Here is 56 pages of information/pictures from Hard Forum. I REALLY wish I'd have gotten this over my monitors. I might sell them in favor of this.

Yeah I was thinking that 1200 not bad. Man that now for the 360 and wii, and hd movies/cable. Then get a vista/dx10 card combo and that will be pc game heaven.

Yeah I was thinking that 1200 not bad. Man that now for the 360 and wii, and hd movies/cable. Then get a vista/dx10 card combo and that will be pc game heaven.
lol, you think you've got it bad... I've still got to budget for:

37" Westinghouse TV

Core 2 Duo CPU, DDR2 memory, and a motherboard

And I don't even have a job anymore! Ahhh...

But hey, at least I have the ability to. I'm very lucky and I don't want to lose sight of that

Earlier in this thread, I mentioned it was my dream to own Thiel CS7.2s.

I'm getting close. :D

setup.png

I still get weird looks when I tell people the speakers and amp used and in need of minor repair, in a 2 channel setup cost $2000. Then they hear it. :D No need for a sub with music when the speakers are -1 dB with room boost at 27 hz.

The amp is right by the bed, and one day while getting up I accidentally stood on it for a few seconds thinking it was the floor.. and it's fine. It's amazing what it can do compared to that 5.1/100 watts per channel/25 lbs best buy yamaha receiver junk I had before.. anytime a long sustained bass chord came by, hello current limiting bibi music. :(

stereors.jpg

Bryston 4B ST, Bryston BP-25 preamp, Paradigm Monitor 9's (all Canadian coincidentally).

If it looks slightly derelict, it's because one of the Paradigms has a blown tweeter (again) and I haven't gotten around to changing it.

When I finally do make the move to surround sound home theatre, I hope to be trading up to the 9B SST.

I've heard the monitor series is notorious for that issue. But they are nice. :D For every person I see post who doesn't use satelites, I am happier. :D

I suggest checking out Axiom since they're also canadian.. they sell online only usually, but you can walk into their factory and listen to them. Their M22i model is $440 and said to sound exactly the same as the Studio 20, with a different bass quality(no bump at 100 hz), so the M60ti floorstander they have should be awesome for you, if you decide not to buy a third tweeter.. I have the m22ti so I can speak for their quality. :)

Bryston amps are also tanks. I like amps that don't explode when they see a lower impedance, insensitive speaker, and Bryston certainly fits into that category. :) 20 year warranty kicks butt too. The best is when a cheap 5.1 100x5 watts receiver says it isn't compatible with a 3.5 ohm load. As if it's like trying to use socket 754 amd vs socket 775 intel. It's not incompatible, a better comparison would be that a 200 watt rosewill PSU won't work a 3.6 GHz C2D in an SLI configuration.. not due to compatibility issues but because it just sucks.

well, here is a crappy pic. But my TV Set

tvnk2.jpg

I took it with my Motorola RAZR. I'm trying to find my digi cam pic.

Mitsubishi 73inch DLP 1080p set. Some crappy Polk Audio + Infiniti Speaker system. I'm getting a new definitive technology speaker system soon.

I'll add another vote for Axiom! I run the smaller M2i's with the Axiom EP-125 sub, as I live in a 1-bedroom apartment and don't need anything bigger.

I wish I had the bucks to complete the 5.1 speaker setup with Axiom, but I don't - computers eat up all my "spare change"! (I run an Infinity center channel I bought when I was a noob to 5.1 and Fluance bipolar surrounds with an Onkyo TX-SR500 reciever)

The M2i's have astounding presence, and not from being "tuned" for HT. They were designed to work with a sub, so they don't have much bass in their own right. On the other hand, they do have something that's missing in a lot of speakers today - midrange! After 3 years of listening to them they still amaze me!

/me drools already.....

But i took my system out of my livingroom, wich looked like a computerlab within a year, so for now im not able to watch dvd's on my telly and more things like that.

Why someone may wonder....

I needed to have a livingroom again, janked my systems up on the attic, where im gonne built a new awesome system and make a computer room/lab there.

Kids arent allowed there nor are the visitors, unless they are special peeps from the states with plane issue's (hint hint^^)

In the end of the day im not that much behind my system, but im enjoying my family more and having a somewhat normal life;)

Ill try to post a pic when im done redoing my house as i want it:)