Your entertainment system?

Daddyjaxx

I can bet I have one of the best sound systems here. Check my sig for that. :D

Nicely done, but the best is still to come:)

Living Room

000_0195.th.jpgPICT0366b.th.jpg

109" projection screen with a Hitachi PJ-TX200, playin burnout/donkey konga

A pair of Jamo E875 tower speakers for the fronts, an E8 series Jamo center channel, Polk Audio side speakers, Polk Audio rear speakers, dual 12" 600w Dahlquist subwoofers mounted inside the beige couches. Its loud, yet brilliantly clear.. Oh, and the HD projector is wired into my computer in the next room using HDMI with a DVI adapter. Makes for good Salad Fingers presentations.

IMG_3635.th.jpgPICT0076b.th.jpg

Electronics stack. Note the harman/kardon AVR-635 7.1 amp :D

IMG_1750.th.jpg

Instead of routing our wires through the walls, we just put in regular drainpipe-stuff from Home Depot and hide the wires in there. Works awesome, easy to take down, and super cheap. The only picture of it i have is with a buncha random people over at my house.. ignore them .. Also, I have LED ropelighting going around the projection screen, under the beige couches, and along two of the walls on top. It looks awesome when well concealed (which, at the time of taking the picture of the screen, a piece of it fell down :rolleyes: If you look closely, you can see a bit in the random ppl photo.

Kitchen

IMG_0010b.th.jpg

In my kitchen: the LG 42" plasma, HD-Bell Satellite system, HD LG-DVD player, my 2nd Xbox 360, Panasonic digital 6.1 amp, and Paradigm / Jamo speakers all around with a Polk Audio subwoofer. Ignore the little pink heart thing.. something do to with the girlfriends' after our trip to NYC..

What do you guys think?

edit: I also have an Onkyo 7.1 system with Jamo & harman/kardon stuff in my bedroom, but i'll spare you the details.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit: Here a pic of the power amp I'm using (Citation 16), it's 70s era, probably better than anything new unless you've got a couple grand to blow...rediculous how quality amps are hard to come by anymore...

That Citation16 brings back old memories.

I sold almost all of my Crown and BGW amps about 12 years back. The guy that bought them owns PreSonus. I did keep one Crown DC300 for sentimental reasons. It was my booth monitor amp my entire DJ career. That explains my profound hearing loss. LOL

The Crown Microtech 1200 amps are now powering the stage monitors for several national touring companies. One set is running the stage monitors for the American Idol tour.

My collection of BGW amps ranged back to an original 750 that powered the Sensurround Systems for the movie Earthquake at a local theater in Baton Rouge, LA.

We ran 750's, 750A's, B's and C's in our nightclubs for years. Those things were bulletproof. The subs got the original 750's since all they had were "clip" lights. The A's, B's and C's came with the arched LED meters in RED or GREEN-YELLOW-RED configuration.

At least they all went to a good home that will abuse them regularly. LOL

also i just finished moving into the new appartment so i havent had time to mount my BLOSE speakers yet.

Ugh...you are joking...right??

Note the harman/kardon AVR-635 7.1 amp :D

I actually owned that same model for a few weeks before finding this beauty for a good price. I much prefer the look of the older ones anyways, so I 'm really happy with it. To be honest though, I wish I never got rid of my -120 I had earlier in college, more than enough power (@40 watts) for these Sonys. They do sing though with 100 watts @ 75 amps though. :) Almost as good as the 300 or so coming from the Citation. Downside is if I'm playing a game, between my CRT monitor, computer, receiver, and power amp, I have a rediculous amount of heat being radiated into my already warm room.

I am humbled by that sub. :D

I still am too, and they're way, way more than my little house needs. Which is why I'm going to put them both into ported 12 ft^3 boxes and throw them in my van...just to watch the windows blow out. A single sealed one hit 140db...can't wait for 2 ported boxes. :)

At least they all went to a good home that will abuse them regularly. LOL

It's not abuse if it was designed for it. :D That said, I'm ONLY buying classic amps from now on, I can't afford a McIntosh or Krell...even Rotel and Crown are really out of my price range. The difference between power amps and receivers is so noticeable to me also, it's like night and day.

I might try my hand at making a Pass Labs clone sometime though, could be a lot of fun.

what do you mean am i kidding??

seems like people all over on forums talk soo much . about bose i figured i would save them the hassel and just do it myself.

i love the system though.

Fair enough. And hey, to each his own, not everybody has the same taste in sound. What sounds good to one person sounds horrible to another. ;)

I mite add...

Crown amps are made right here where I live...My sister in law works there...ALSO crown owns Harmon/Kardon.....

She gets everything 50% off...so I may be able to do some deals....

Well, I have a nice Sony 27" TV that is great. Picture in picture feature lets me watch something else, or surf while there is a commercial on. (Best dang feature of that TV). Program out the channels I don’t want to have to surf thru. (Wonderful feature) It’s connected to a stereo system I put together in 1978 which consists of a Pioneer SX-650 amp and LBJ speakers.... and a real turntable. :D The speakers are shot. Huge cracks in the speakers, with the insides bulging out of one of them. The speakers need to be replaced. No photo, as the stereo doesn’t set next to the TV, and the speakers are at opposite ends of the living room. Mid 80's VCR. No DVD.

A photo of the amp I lifted off another web site via search on Google. Too lazy to set the camera up. Actually, surprised I as able to turn anything up on the amp. Gotta love Google.

SX650.jpg

I mite add...

Crown amps are made right here where I live...My sister in law works there...ALSO crown owns Harmon/Kardon.....

She gets everything 50% off...so I may be able to do some deals....

I'm gonna pretend I didn't read that...just what I need is MORE power.

Harman International is a pretty good group of companies, Lexicon is pretty sweet too - but god-awful expensive.

Holy Crap! I got one of those mail order back in middle school. I had a pair of Klipsch Lascala's and a Technics 1200 turntable with a Sony tape deck.

I used that thing for my first DJ gigs in high school when I got my first mixer.

It ran great until a lightning strike took it out back in 1992 during hurricane Andrew.

Well, I have a nice Sony 27" TV that is great. Picture in picture feature lets me watch something else, or surf while there is a commercial on. (Best dang feature of that TV). Program out the channels I don’t want to have to surf thru. (Wonderful feature) It’s connected to a stereo system I put together in 1978 which consists of a Pioneer SX-650 amp and LBJ speakers.... and a real turntable. :D The speakers are shot. Huge cracks in the speakers, with the insides bulging out of one of them. The speakers need to be replaced. No photo, as the stereo doesn’t set next to the TV, and the speakers are at opposite ends of the living room. Mid 80's VCR. No DVD.

A photo of the amp I lifted off another web site via search on Google. Too lazy to set the camera up. Actually, surprised I as able to turn anything up on the amp. Gotta love Google.

SX650.jpg