Your entertainment system?

Daddyjaxx

Guest Timmay

Fooking hell, look at all that... And I'm just happy with my PS2 as a DVD player and my 21 inch TV.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fooking hell, look at all that... And I'm just happy with my PS2 as a DVD player and my 21 inch TV.

Keep it that way man, you'll just want more and more stuff - kinda like gaming computer...bad hobby to get into without money.

Holy Crap! I got one of those mail order back in middle school. I had a pair of Klipsch Lascala's and a Technics 1200 turntable with a Sony tape deck.

Hehe. The turntable is a Technics SL-1950. Hasn’t worked for a while. Arm won’t move anymore. Photo lifted from a Google search.

sl1950catalog.jpg

Tape cassette deck is a Technics M11 MK2

Old Stuff. :D

Only CD and DVD players I have in the house are in my computers. :D

OK, so I don't have a sweet sound system or big sub, but for the amount of TV I watch, this is more than enough.

The familes ACTUAL entertainment center consists of a 42" Panasonic TH-42PX60U and some other things... it's really more my dads deal than anything.

(I'll take pictures of that Friday night when I have time)

The TV is a

erm

I don't know. 20" Westinghouse I suppose. This will be replaced soon with a 30-something inch LCD.

Currently the XBOX and XBOX 360 are in the living room... other than that there is the Sony DVP-NS575P.

ALL-PICTURES-231231304f.gif

(Had to save as .gif for Photobucket to allow 800x600, hence the bad quality)

• 6 months later...
Every couple of months I run my Avia DVD to check the setup and keep the picture and sound in top condition. There's no sense in investing hard earned money if you aren't getting the best possible picture and sound.

Is Avia dvd easy to use and more importantly does it work for you (for ur eyes only!)... i am gonna use it for a 42" panny commercial plasma.

I am in between Avia or DVE or getgray. Any insights would be really helpful....

Thanks

Is Avia dvd easy to use and more importantly does it work for you (for ur eyes only!)...

I like the Avia disk a lot. It's very easy to use the first time and even easier once you know how to read the test images.

I can get just about any display within a couple of percent of the guys with serious test equipment. More importantly, I can setup the display just like the user prefers.

I don't care for guys that insist the display must be set a certain way. If you like it dark, light, sharp or fuzzy, that's all that matters to you if you're satisfied with the setup.

After my recent move I ran my Hitachi for a couple of weeks then checked it with the Avia disk again. There were no settings out of spec for my preferred adjustment.

The most critical setting are the Color Level and the Black Level. After that it's just a matter of taste. One buddy likes a softer edge to the image while another wants things razor sharp.

I always wonder how threads like this spring back. Last post was by me back in May. Oh well.

I have made an upgrade since then. No longer is the only DVD player/burner I own in my computer. I’ve added a DVD / VCR recorder to my living room. It is really nice. Just like watching the original program. The quality is great. I’m glad my 20+ year old VCR finally died. Now, to figure out how to get the tape out of it, as it will no longer turn on, and yes, it is plugged in. No power gets to the unit.

The new toy.

71637922.eDa1POBv.dvd_vcr_recorder_1133.jpg