Best overclocking Dual Core opterons post here

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably not, but CPU-Z and memtest will :))

QFT

I'm guessing a fair few percent of us enjoy overclocking purely for the tweaking, and then the glory of it when you finally get your golden OC. Hitting 3ghz will be great if I can manage it.

I place myself in that category.

But on a serious note, a 300mhz should be quite noticable, and 500mhz will be clearly noticable, escpecially since I think the cpu in my system might be the weakest part (I'm getting an x1900xtx anyday now).

Can't wait, should be awesome. My one in sig is on ebay right now.

Guest shaolin95

I agree 300mhz is not hard to notice. Of course if all you are doing is surfing the net then you wont be able to tell a celeron from a fx60! :-)

I agree 300mhz is not hard to notice. Of course if all you are doing is surfing the net then you wont be able to tell a celeron from a fx60! :-)

true dat! :nod: ...lol

I got my chip yesterday and I'm leaving it at 2.7Ghz until I've gotten myself some REAL cooling. The old trusty slk-948-u was great for the 1700+ tbred, 2500+ barton and 3200+ venice but this DualCore Opty 165 just heats up like a hot chick walked past. It just doesn't cut it... I booted in @ 2.8Ghz but the temps weren't comfy so I dropped back to 9*300 (1.425) and will let it "burn" in for a week or so...

Happy as a clam.. :)

I was thinking of changing motherboards and would like some advice on a new one from DFI. Wich one is better to overclock (i know most of them are) but for price and features is it the Expert Model ??

Look at the actual CPU, it's in engraved in plain text on the processor. You can see it through the window on the box. If your cpu is installed in the machine, there is no way of telling without removing the HSF and cleaning the thermal paste off the core.