Best overclocking Dual Core opterons post here

eliatamby, is your 0607 prime 95 stable? i will be very very surprised if you can get higher than 2.6 ghz with that... I had an 0607 myself a few weeks ago, it wouldn't even do 2.5 ghz stable at 1.5volts. core 0 was ridiculously weak, and other people on other forums agree that it's a crap stepping.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a CCBWE 0551UPMW that i got brand-new last week. It's prime stable 12hrs+ @ 2.6ghz @ 1.45V. I haven't tried anything higher, waiting for my Arctic Freezer Pro 64 to arrive on Tuesday, and then I don't have to worry so much about my 50c load temps.

I have this stepping, and it's stable like yours at 290x9, and it can do 300x9 at 1.5v, which is pretty good IMO, given that you aren't paying a crazy amount for it.

eliatamby, is your 0607 prime 95 stable? i will be very very surprised if you can get higher than 2.6 ghz with that... I had an 0607 myself a few weeks ago, it wouldn't even do 2.5 ghz stable at 1.5volts. core 0 was ridiculously weak, and other people on other forums agree that it's a crap stepping.

I'm Small FFT priming as we speak. For me core 1 is the weaker one. I can't get into windows at 320, and haven't been tried hard to prime at 310. I'm running outside the case with a LOUD sunon 12 cm blowing onto an XP-90. If I had water i'd try for 1.9-2.0V and higher, although I think over 320 is not gonna happen

Anyway, even 2.5 is a decent oc if you can get the proc for under 300 USD. People were selling them on here for 275ish

Opterons CCBBE 165 0610 DMPW batch 0099

@ 3GHZ @1.50 V Core

CCBBE 165 0610DMPW batch 0368 @3GHZ 1.44 VCore

/able to complete SPI 32M 3DMark 06 3DM06 loop PRIME blend test /

actually this one is maxing out around 3.1GHz at 1.57 VCore, but

no need to push it that much .

I've got a Opteron 165 CCB1E 0608MPMW, supposedly one of the better steppings that can break 3ghz. I've read this stepping is coldbugged and tends to run hot though, so watercooling is usually needed to extract all of its potential. Unfortunately I run air cooling only and mine doesn't seem quite as good as others that I've seen.

For 24/7 usage I run 2.6 at 1.3v. 2.8 takes 1.475v and 2.9 with 1.55v. I'm not really comfortable pushing voltage beyond that, so I doubt 3ghz is practical on air cooling for this chip. I'm happy with 2.6 on a slight undervolt to 1.3v though and as long as you're happy with it, that's what matters right? :)

I'm Small FFT priming as we speak. For me core 1 is the weaker one. I can't get into windows at 320, and haven't been tried hard to prime at 310. I'm running outside the case with a LOUD sunon 12 cm blowing onto an XP-90. If I had water i'd try for 1.9-2.0V and higher, although I think over 320 is not gonna happen

I had to ramp it up to 1.63 to get more than three hours prime stable, but now I've just done 6 hours before those bloody Sunon fans woke me up and stopped me from going back to sleep...Moral of teh story -- not getting 3Ghz doesn't mean it's a bad chip, and "crap" one you get for cheap can represent some decent value. I know in Aust. I couldn't get an opty any cheaper

Got 2 Optys, details in my sig. The 170 will do 2950 but heat and volts start to get out of hand. 2800 is the "sweet spot". I havn't gotten around testing the 165 past 2.8 yet because of divider problems and RAM limitations.

yep...i also settled on 2.8 (255x11) for my [email protected]....

after going with a 3500+venice. x2 3800, opty 148....gotta say....i am really happy with this dual core opty 175....

so weather you go with a 165, 170, or 175....all good choices for dual core opty's

and the best overclocking/performing cpu's in the amd flavor...imho