Where have all the Venus's gone? Where did they go?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The icons on the map are too big. My #586 is buried somewhere between gamester5 and DFI939's butt crack. Seriously, don't back up. I can't even click on mine any more. Waaahhh

If you double click on the area of interest you can use the scale on the left side to zoom in on the area. The more you zoom the greater the distance between icons.

I am finding more. Mainly from the Asian community. Now just trying to get them to log theirs into the map...

Still waiting to get my replacement floppy cable. Has anyone else got a replacement yet that matches the rest of your cables? They did send me another cable (Thanks DFI) but just waiting on the matching one.

If you double click on the area of interest you can use the scale on the left side to zoom in on the area. The more you zoom the greater the distance between icons.

So tha'ts what that scale thingy's for. I tried it before, but I didn't have it centered. Thanks

Ixtapalapaquetl, I was noticing that quite a few Venus's were ending up in the Seattle area, as well. If Twisted5's 3 boards stay in the area, plus Tacoma, Port Orchard and Auburn, that's 6 right here in the area, out of a thousand, that's not bad for our little corner of the world. I'd say we represent.

Michael Wallace, I lived for a year in '66 in Port Orchard, right in front of the Bremerton foot ferry. It really was a great little town. Best year of my childhood.

Edit: Missed one, #29 over in the corner, by a town named legend.

I am finding more. Mainly from the Asian community. Now just trying to get them to log theirs into the map...

Still waiting to get my replacement floppy cable. Has anyone else got a replacement yet that matches the rest of your cables? They did send me another cable (Thanks DFI) but just waiting on the matching one.

When I sent mine in, I noted on the rma form that mine was defective. They didn't send me one, matching nor regular. Plus it came back without the Karajan audio module. I still need to take care of that.

I got so excited! :shake:

I just got an email from my oversea friend, he just bought a Venus for me. Now just need to wait for him to receive it there & ship to me. But I think it might still take few weeks to arrive, hopefully it won't get damage from the shipment. :O

I might ask if he still can get one more from there but that thing is not cheap plus the shipping from the other side of the planet... :sweat:

So tha'ts what that scale thingy's for. I tried it before, but I didn't have it centered. Thanks

Ixtapalapaquetl, I was noticing that quite a few Venus's were ending up in the Seattle area, as well. If Twisted5's 3 boards stay in the area, plus Tacoma, Port Orchard and Auburn, that's 6 right here in the area, out of a thousand, that's not bad for our little corner of the world. I'd say we represent.

Michael Wallace, I lived for a year in '66 in Port Orchard, right in front of the Bremerton foot ferry. It really was a great little town. Best year of my childhood.

Edit: Missed one, #29 over in the corner, by a town named legend.

I plan on keeping at least two of them one for phase and the other for everything else. So there is a decent amount in the Puget Sound area. I am actually located in Federal Way but moving to Port Orchard right by the foot ferry when I get back from this deployment.

Alienwhere,

Where are you at in the EVGA queue? I put in for a 7900GTX SC on March 20th, and started at #332. Six weeks later I'm at #228. At first I didn't care because my 7800GTX runs everything full out high settings with no stutter or problems of any kind. I'm really getting anxious to see what it will do. Slow process, but I sure am glad I went through EVGA.

Well eVGA is having some troubles. My first 7900GTX worked for a few days then major artifacts. RMAed it and they send me a new one, got small artifacts in one day. All the artifacts are on BF2, they both benched fine with 3d mark and other games.

I popped off the cooler and the GPU was wayyy overloaded with paste. I cleaned it up and the original card worked pretty good for like a week, then back to more artifacts. So I RMAed the replacement card yesterday and they will hand test a card for me before they send it out.

I still have card #1 and it works ok, but still has some minor issues in BF2. I am going to do some more testing tonight.

Meanwhile my Venus is running strong. Burley, you should contact DFI about a floppy cable, they actually send me 2 just in case until the Venus replacements come in.

Well eVGA is having some troubles. My first 7900GTX worked for a few days then major artifacts. RMAed it and they send me a new one, got small artifacts in one day. All the artifacts are on BF2, they both benched fine with 3d mark and other games.

I popped off the cooler and the GPU was wayyy overloaded with paste. I cleaned it up and the original card worked pretty good for like a week, then back to more artifacts. So I RMAed the replacement card yesterday and they will hand test a card for me before they send it out.

I still have card #1 and it works ok, but still has some minor issues in BF2. I am going to do some more testing tonight.

Meanwhile my Venus is running strong. Burley, you should contact DFI about a floppy cable, they actually send me 2 just in case until the Venus replacements come in.

I'll mention it to Donna when i call for an rma tomorrow.

I know they were having some problems with the early batches of EVGA 7900GTX SC, but I thought they were getting it worked out. Oh well, they can jack me around until the G-80 comes out. Maybe I can step up to that.