Where have all the Venus's gone? Where did they go?

Alienwhere,

Where are you at in the EVGA queue? I put in for a 7900GTX SC on March 20th, and started at #332. Six weeks later I'm at #228. At first I didn't care because my 7800GTX runs everything full out high settings with no stutter or problems of any kind. I'm really getting anxious to see what it will do. Slow process, but I sure am glad I went through EVGA.

as of right now 234 7900GTX 512 superclocked :P

Ill wait since I started out @ 388

sry for hijacking, lets get back on track now fellas, operate thru pm if any more evga stuff arrises..

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what type of ram are you guys running with your venus board? It seems most people haven't updated their sig as it seems some systems arnt built yet. I plan on getting team exteem from tank guys either the micron chip or the samsung chip. 2x1gb

what type of ram are you guys running with your venus board? It seems most people haven't updated their sig as it seems some systems arnt built yet. I plan on getting team exteem from tank guys either the micron chip or the samsung chip. 2x1gb

the micron Cronus versions I have are on average 270-280 maxing 3-3-3 280 is a real good set just to let u know..

Id go for the ballistix myself if I was you, aparently with this newer batch there not dying like the last ones were..

Either way good luck :P

I am running Samsung UCCC and have yet to push it. I am trying to sort out my graphics card situation first before OCing the ram or CPU. I have not had any booting issues and so far running very smooth.

I did run memtest for 24 hours and a 32M Super Pi and had no issues but just at stock settings.

Hey guys, just got my new Venus mobo direct from Taiwan.....just curious about verifying the serial number. On the sleeve around the box it came in is a sticker that clearly states SNd607000420. However, the only sticker I can find on the mobo itself is the number 50100700353. Is there any way I can verify the serial number of the mobo itself? Now if the cpu would just arrrive so I could start it up............

I dunno....on some earlier posts in this very thread, they seem to have come to a concensus that the D601..... number on the pci slot is the serial number, not the one close to the cpu socket. So I don't know if I have board number 0353 or 0420. Any other opinions?

I still think VR was incorrect.

SN stands for "serial number"

The SND607xxxxxx is the correct one.

Menasha is 30 miles south of "Titletown"

MOOO (special cheesehead greeting)

On the sleeve around the box it came in is a sticker that clearly states SNd607000420. However, the only sticker I can find on the mobo itself is the number 50100700353. Is there any way I can verify the serial number of the mobo itself?
Soundx98, your point is taken. But in the absence of any other information, my preference would be to agree to use the number printed directly on the board. The only reason for this is that it would provide us with a number physically linked to the board itself. Thus, when I throw away my big black box or lose the sleeve or whatnot, the serial number is not lost to the ages.

That being said, we are not absent any other information. What we need to find is

a) a number greater than 1000, or

B) a duplicated value in two different boards

for either of these locations. Such information should logically exclude that location from consideration.