Where have all the Venus's gone? Where did they go?

I am curious to see where all the "Venus" boards went to. Since there were only 1000 of them it will be interesting to see how far spread out they are throughout the world. Post where you are located and your evaluation of your "Venus" so far.

I am seeing next to no Venus posts and I wonder if it is because there are only 1000 of them out there or if they are working just fine and no one has had a need to post in the forums. It seems like 90% of the time if people are posting they have a problem, maybe this is a good sign for us Venus owners..:-)

I live in Oregon on the west coast of USA

The following post was made by ixtapalapaquetl, A big thanks to him for setting this all up!!

NF4 "Venus" - Put your Venus board on the map!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all. Gamester5 had the great idea to try to locate all the Venus boards out there. I took this one step further and found a place where you can add your location to a google map. When you add yourself, please include your board number and where you were referred (in this case, dfi-street.com) in your shoutout box.

http://www.frappr.com/dfivenuslocations

I will post a similar message at XS, [H], and OCF. If you are a member of another US site and want to get this rolling there, send me a PM so I can add them to the list of forums contacted.

I especially need help from overseas members. If you belong to a European, Australian, or ESPECIALLY Asian forum, PM with what forums you are able to get in touch with.

Thanks for your help!

Forums Contacted:

dfi-street.com

hardforums.com

xtremesystems.org

ocforums.com

http://www.frappr.com/dfivenuslocations

So far we have located Venus's in the following areas:

USA: 14

-Oregon: 1

-Ohio: 2

-Maryland: 1

-Florida: 2

-New York: 2

-North Carolina: 1

-Wisconsin: 1

-Washington: 2

-Virginia: 1

-Nevada: 1

Portugal: 1

Australia: 1

Germany: 1

England: 3

Denmark: 1

Sweden: 1

Hong Kong: 1 (Not yet mapped)

Italy: 1

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats true. So out of all the motherboard and other computer reviewers do you think they might have taken around 70? I would think the hard core overclockers of DFI boards would be in the "Street" so they could post their findings and their locations, but then again maybe they are to busy overclocking to have time to post..:-)

I do think it is a good sign that not to many issues have come up on the Venus for the most part. Sure there will be a few bad apples but thats to be expected. This is my first DFI board and first time building a AMD set up, I have been a Intel fan boy so I am new to the "Dark Side"..:-) :nod:

i have one...just havent changed my sig yet....i am in florida....

havent really got to playing too much with the venus, as i have been really busy with work and a build for someone else.

i also upgraded to a bfg7900gtx oc, and an ocz 600 powerstream sli model, and the zalman 9500....here is what i did...

pulled out the eXpert....popped in the venus....i didnt re-install windows....

swapped in the new ocz600, put in the new 7900, and zalman9500

upped my settings to match my oc...booted right up

before i did the install i removed the chipset fan to replace the tim...factory looks like they used better tim than on the eXpert, but did a sloppy job...i clean up thier mess, applied as5....but at times my temps hit 49c, i thought it is cause of the 7900...(more heat) and it cover half the chipset fan...might need to take it off, and have a look.

i did have the "cold boot" issue twice......i am on the shipping bios 1/17/06

other than that...looks good so far...

in time i will do a fresh install, bios change, and see what the venus can really do....

venus #975

I think more will show up as time goes along these MB will be around for a while.

I know mine will as it has just about everything one could as for at least for a few yr's. Like all the option's with this board as I will be doing a lot of video editing and the likes and plan on a few more good hard drive's for the raid config's I will be using. Hope everyone has good luck with their Boards also. Haven't decided

on Video card or cards yet but NV 7900 looks good. :nod:

Hope to be up and running before to long . Will probably build another with newer hardware as this is a never ending story when dinking around with systems. Hey! xgman how do ya like the opty? was maybe considering the 170 but what about support?

I'm in NYC.

Hey, this might be a cool idea: maybe someone could start up a Google Maps thing where Venus owners could indicate their locations across the world? I suppose it would be a fair amount of work, what with getting to all the various different US forums, let alone the European, Australian, and Asian ones... Asia would probably be the most difficult due to extreme linguistic barriers; might need some native speakers to help out... But seeing as there only a thousand people at maximum, it seems like it would be a tractable problem.

That is true about the non-english speaking holders of the Venus board, there will be a few of those. I just think it will be very interesting to see where they all ended up, I think they will be spread out all over. Do you think a majority will be in the states?

I was looking like crazy a few weeks ago and I found a vendor in Isreal that was claiming to have 100 of them in stock. I just didn't have the courage to order from there and they were asking almost $350. BTW gamester5, very similar sig. Nice rig.