new official BIOS 04/06/2006

mmm, despite of so many negative comments, this BIOS actually help to boot up using CL3 RAM TCCC. Previously the CPU only run on Cl2.0.

Excuse me, but I'm 99% sure that lower CL setting is better... as it is how much waiting is done between ...

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I was saying is CL2.5 and CL3 is no go my TCCD. This was pretty bad as we all know that TCCD need CL2.5 to hit high clocks. Otherwise I be running low CL2.0 with low clocks such as 237MHz, 2.0-3-3 on TCCD.

^^ya lower CL is better. i too dont uderstand how he was not able to boot using CL3 before. maybe he meant the otherway round.

BTW to my issue... It is now solved thanks to super cool DFI support who was kind enough to send me new BIOS-chip... It also included this newest BIOS, so I don't know what went wrong exactly with my flash originally...

I also was able to flash my old chip and it worked too now, so at least I have now back up available :-p

I used winflash and everything went through fine BUT when I tried to run my old bios setup for overclocking it wouldn't work but when I reflash it to 11/15/2005 bios everything worked fine. I guess this new bios isn't for everyone!

I had a bad experience with this bios, funny thing is i saw somone else with the same exact problem. Basically after flashing the bios (using diamond method) my computer was unable to load windows. I dont feel it was a windows problem, it would simply reboot after i choose a normal startup, later i realized it did this if i chose to boot of the cd as well. I tried to go back to an older bios but during the flash process i would get random blue and pink characters all over the screen. Fortunetely (and maybe somone can tell me how to manually invoke this process) when i turned the machine on it went into some type of recovery mode stating that the bios was currupt and it automatically reflashed for me with the floppy) This got me back to the old bios and everything was fine.

Since i was curious i redownloaded the new bios and tried it again, exact same issue and i could not recover untill the mb decided there was a problem and did the flash automatically for me (any manual attempt booting from the floppy after a normal bios post resulted in the weird characters and then a freeze)

any suggestions?

I had a bad experience with this bios, funny thing is i saw somone else with the same exact problem.

any suggestions?

Same here, can't get windows to load, and I have it on 2 separate drives, my array and my hitachi, neither will load fully and it just reboots, memtest stable for 4 hrs.

I dont have the odd screen colours you talk about though.

I think this mobo is faulty though, it ran solid for 3-4 months after purchase, then one day just started re-booting, I have tried everything I can think of, and no one on this site has yet to assist me. I can also run with the last bios, memtest and prime for days, and no problems. It's weird cause it tends to do it when not under a lot of stress?

I used winflash and everything went through fine BUT when I tried to run my old bios setup for overclocking it wouldn't work but when I reflash it to 11/15/2005 bios everything worked fine. I guess this new bios isn't for everyone!

When U change BIOS U should NOT load ol settings - U should do it manually again. Some things may change in different BIOS realises, so loading settings for different version may cause problems.

I always clear the cmos as instructed and remove battery, then load optimised defaults, and change settings for my array to boot, I never load settings from a previouse saved Cmos reloaded, This I understand, but if I cant get it to boot,even with default setting, and memtest stable for 4 hrs, where do I go from there?