new official BIOS 04/06/2006

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is there a page i can go to set the ram i have even if NOT OC.. I had to clear the bios now the ram has no settings I am just running on Auto now... For rig 1..

Been everywhere trying to find settings with no avail

Thanks

thank you, i swear i have been searching the stickies for that answer for a while off and on now for weeks.....LOL

but it only shows a date......it doesn't show a BIOS version number, unless it is impossible to have two BIOSes with the same date?

11-14-05 is what it says

Try if you can get into windows

Start/programmes/Accessories/system tools/system imformation.

Should be there under bios version

using this method it says Phoenix 11-14-05 also :)

Guest munan

I am going to upgrade shortly as well.

Did I read somewhere that I should clear cmos before the flash as well as after? I am going to do it the floppy way.

Cheers,

muNaN :)

Thats right m8, they are named by there dates, I am running bios 6/23, 3, which gets really confusing, it was made on 23 june 05, but there was several versions(3), for differant memory types, Just try the offial latest bios off the dfi, site, cause yours is out of date, I would suggest making it onto a bootable cd for ease, cause I have had to flash back and forth dozens of times

instability issues up and down the block with this BIOS on my SLI-DR... anything over 2.4GHz on my Opteron would result in restarts/BSOD's during XP 64-Bit startup, at login, while loading startup applications or at sporadic points if i got past those phases. at 2.4GHz Prime95 would fail within three minutes yet going back to the 623 BIOS i am back to stable as a rock in everything at 2.7GHz. looks like i am staying put with what i had prior to the 406 BIOS.

edit: funny enough after going back to the 623 i was able to lower my voltage settings down a notch for everything but the Chipset and my Memory. nice sideaffect :D.

Yes, stick with what works best for your particular system. I myself have had nothin' but troubles on the official from the DFI site, but when I flashed with Tony's 406, it worked like a charm. :nod:

Has anyone seen the new FSB Settings on this Bios ?

Previously it wouldnt go above 200mhz=01/01 and now it has up to 250mhz=05/04.

Has anyone tried that ?

Thats been around since the 704 bios I believe.. It allows you to upclock your ram without raising the htt.. I guess it could come in handy if you dont want to oc your cpu but you have pc4000 ram and want to just run the ram at its rated speeds..

I havent messed with it and I dont think many IF any people really use it since cpu speed is really where the performance is..

Guest markuk

Im using the WinFlash to flash my new bios, but the help wont work :(

do i just save the old bios, then press file in WinFlash,then press update bios, look for where i extracted it.

Click on it, then press update ?

or is there something else i should do before and after i update it.

be greatful if u can help this Noob :)

Thankyou ..

P.S i notice it has bootblock in green, main block in light blue, and dmi block in green. do i need to do something to these.. thanks :)

DONT flash using WINFLASH.

I did it and it locked my computer. ( Had to reset the Bios in order to startup the PC. )

Make a boot disk and flash it from dos.

If you dont have a floppy download Ultimate Boot Cd and burn along with it in a directory the BIOS Files. Then startup from the cd and do it that way.