Evercool VC-RE NF4/CFX3200/RDX200 chipset replacement fan @ SVC.com!!!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I would like to know if that cooler will "touch" my 7800GT when installed... the VGA is in the first PCI-E slot. I have an Ultra-D. Thank you.

as has been said at least 2,335 times before

no

if you install it correctly it will not touch your video card

I'm interested in replacing the fan but have a Lian Li V1000 w/out a removable mobo tray. Has anyone else tried replacing the fan while leaving the mobo installed? Did the plastic tips fall right out when you stood up your pc?

yes i did: first i cut off the top of the plastic pins, so that i was able to remove the cooler. after that i cut again at the very bottom of the pins, so the "rest" just fell off between the mobo and the case (i hope you have your spacers installed :D)

just be very cautious not to damage the mobo's surface!

i have a question myself:

where can i get the Evercool VC-RE shipped to Switzerland OR France - for a decent price - with that i especially mean the shipping fees. yet i was unable to find any shops which didn't ask for astronomical shipping costs...!

Guest Kobalt
i have a question myself:

where can i get the Evercool VC-RE shipped to Switzerland OR France - for a decent price - with that i especially mean the shipping fees. yet i was unable to find any shops which didn't ask for astronomical shipping costs...!

You may also want to check Vantec's iceberq CCB-A1C. Looks like this is more widely available, and reports are it works & cools pretty good.

HappyGames is in the process of getting some to test them, so if you want to wait for his 'review' you can.

FINALLY the damn package arrived from SVC lol

somehow UPS delivered it to Florida instead of Idaho...

anyway...it JUST showed up like 5 minutes ago so I am trying to knock a few things out and get to at least checking the Iceberq cooler...give me time!

well installed a new one .. replaced the one i mangled .. cleaned off the chipset .. added some ceramique .. everything went smooth .. its idling at 42c lol .. but it could be because my case is a lian li v1000 with no airflow across it .. and i only have 1 video card on top of it right now .. second one will be back this week from being rma'd

but i also have a 120mm fan which will be blowing down on the area .. and ill have 2x120s exhaust up there as well .. so that should help

I have a v1000 as well. My idle temps went from ~43 to 39-40 after I put on the VC-RE. Not as much of a drop as I was expecting, but I haven't done much load testing so hopefully I'll get better results from that--at least it's a lot quieter than stock