Evercool VC-RE NF4/CFX3200/RDX200 chipset replacement fan @ SVC.com!!!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm just curious as what your rpms are for the VC-RE, idle and load. for me right now, its idling at 44c, load is 47c, ~4200rpms. i have AS5 on there as well. i have a accelero on my x1900xt so it is blowing at my chipset which is what i think is causing my high temps. the VC-RE can spin up to 5000rpm and it gets noticable. i will eventually watercool my system so will i see my temps drop if i do?

What are your ambient temps? I have seen 48 degrees on my chipset with an ambient temp of 31-32c. I use the Titan TTC-CUV3AB copper cooler.

I did see my temps rise after I replaced my Zalman CNPS7700Cu cpu cooler (which due to its flower design which also cools the components around the cpu) with a CNPS9500 AM2 (which directs air towards the rear vent of my case). I think I'm going to get the stacker crossflow fan... Can anyone confirm if it will do any difference?

well, i get about ~45c more or less @ idle, ambient is 31-32... i do have an artic silencer nv5, which helps a lot...

mbm reports dfi chipset @ 2678, but i aint sure how accurate i configed it...

Guest cannonfodder

System at idle temp with standard cooler is 36deg with fan @4200. I replaced the paste with Arctic silver.

The temp is not of concern, it's noisy tho, that's why I've got a VC-RE on order.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got my VC-RE fan installed on my SLI-DR and it's great. I had unusually high temps of 52 or so idle before I did this, and it was that way for over a year and a half. Now the chipset idle temp (according to SmartGuardian, is around 45-46, and hopefully will drop some more after the AS5 I used with it is through its "burn-in" period.

Edit: Sig is now correct. Previously however I was running the 3800+ at stock speeds with the same high chipset temps (50+ idle)

I had to post and thank you all for the recommendation for the Evercool VC-RE chipset upgrade.

My chipset was getting up to 68C under load and was scarring the crap outta me, my 2 evga 7800 GTX's where hanging all over my DFI chipset fan.

I just finished adding the Evercool VC-RE I got from SVC and it knocked it down 20 degrees, now runnign 48C... impressive

Not to mention the fan isnt maxxed out in RPM's now.

Thanks Happy and DFI crew.

Now for that OCZ 700W PSU...

Also got to add my praise for this cooler. The standard cooler had started to annoy me with its high pitched whine when spinning up to full speed. I struggle to even hear the Evercool and my PC is extremely quiet to start with. £12 well spent.