Evercool VC-RE NF4/CFX3200/RDX200 chipset replacement fan @ SVC.com!!!

well, while i was putting sw4y's rig together this afternoon (he's a Street member that happens to live in Boise so he's getting his rig custom-built and pre-overclocked etc etc heh...a benefit of living near me!), I replaced his SLI-DR's stock cooler with the Evercool VC-RE

but

the best part of it is that I made a tutorial video while doing it ;)

unfortunately I have to finish this rig up and then leave early tomorrow to go to Lewiston (about 8 hours away) for some stupid wedding...so I won't be able to edit the video footage and make the 'tutorial' that you guys are used to from me until Monday or so.

But

it will be another excellent DFI-Street Tutorial Video and I am sure it will help many many of you that are afraid to install it, or just not sure how to do it. It's so easy that its as short as the IHS removal technique heh...takes all of about 3-5 minutes and blammo it is instant 10-20C cooler on the chipset (and a lot less noise!)

any progress on this video? i don't plan on installing my ec vc-re until my dfi fan fails, but this video would be nice to have!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, while i was putting sw4y's rig together this afternoon (he's a Street member that happens to live in Boise so he's getting his rig custom-built and pre-overclocked etc etc heh...a benefit of living near me!), I replaced his SLI-DR's stock cooler with the Evercool VC-RE

but

the best part of it is that I made a tutorial video while doing it ;)

unfortunately I have to finish this rig up and then leave early tomorrow to go to Lewiston (about 8 hours away) for some stupid wedding...so I won't be able to edit the video footage and make the 'tutorial' that you guys are used to from me until Monday or so.

But

it will be another excellent DFI-Street Tutorial Video and I am sure it will help many many of you that are afraid to install it, or just not sure how to do it. It's so easy that its as short as the IHS removal technique heh...takes all of about 3-5 minutes and blammo it is instant 10-20C cooler on the chipset (and a lot less noise!)

Sorry to bug you, but if you have finished the tutorial video, could you possibly post it? My friend/technician doesn't know how its possible to do this installation in 5 mins, he seems to think itll take a lot of work and time. And he's really experienced, so he's also quite interested in seeing this tutorial.

I acquired the Evercool VC-RF module (= VC-RE with heatsinks), and installed it.

1. Problem is, the copper base doesn't seem to 'stick' to the chipset die. Any way to rectify this ?

2. I noticed the stock DFI fan and the Evercool fan are interchangeable - only the bases differ (aluminum & copper) - if the fan's the problem, shouldn't I just be changing that, and keep the DFI stock Alu base ?

3. The distance between the 2 holes on a Lanparty nF4 Ultra-D is 52mm.

On the Evercool VC-RF (or RE), distance between screwholes is ~57mm.

(measurements from middle of holes)

I don't have all the components for my rig yet, so I can't do any testing.

HINT :

To buy it, I went to http://www.evercool.com.tw/distributors.htm , looked for the distributor in my country (France), called these guys, and asked them where they had last shipped a 60-pcs box, and voilà ! :)

I acquired the Evercool VC-RF module (= VC-RE with heatsinks), and installed it.

1. Problem is, the copper base doesn't seem to 'stick' to the chipset die. Any way to rectify this ?

2. I noticed the stock DFI fan and the Evercool fan are interchangeable - only the bases differ (aluminum & copper) - if the fan's the problem, shouldn't I just be changing that, and keep the DFI stock Alu base ?

I don't have all the components for my rig yet, so I can't do any testing.

HINT :

To buy it, I went to http://www.evercool.com.tw/distributors.htm , looked for the distributor in my country (France), called these guys, and asked them where they had last shipped a 60-pcs box, and voilà ! :)

1. the copper base should stick to the chipset if installed correctly. You might have installed it incorrectly, or have a defective Evercool (or defective arms/pins)

2. they are not interchangeable

Re: VC-RD (aluminium version with slightly larger fan)

I've found 2 separate people say the VC-RD works fine - one person here somewhere and one on another board.

On that basis I picked up a VC-RD today for AUD $10. When I have time to do the changeover, I will report back with results.

Come on with the video A_G! :)

-JimbobAllen

Guest Daveandrew

I would just like to point out I just recieved my VC-RE today from SVC and the product is great, it has lowered my Chipset temp down 8-10 degrees. The shipping was decent. So kudos to SVC.com on delivering.

hehe 500 canadian dollars equals about... 2 american dollars heheheh

The CDN dollar is @ .90 US AG. We're catching up to that /sarcasm on allmighty american dollar! /sarcasm off

:rolleyes:

Question for angry or anybody else that might have tried this before...

Do you know if in this particular situation (core exposed) AS5 is best or is it Arctic Céramique? I have both and didn't install my evercool yet...want to know which is best in terms of lower temps....

I think they are about the same in terms of temps, but as AG mentions in the tutorial vid...the ceramique is non conductive, which may be a touch more critical when slopping things around on such a small surface

The CDN dollar is @ .90 US AG. We're catching up to that /sarcasm on allmighty american dollar! /sarcasm off

:rolleyes:

Yeah it might even be worth visiting the US soon.......naaaaaah. :shake:

Question for angry or anybody else that might have tried this before...

Do you know if in this particular situation (core exposed) AS5 is best or is it Arctic Céramique? I have both and didn't install my evercool yet...want to know which is best in terms of lower temps....

i prefer Ceramique on bare chips, and AS5 on chips with heatspreaders

thas just me tho...they are about the same in performance...