Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

What files should I integrate, i couldn't get the windows ones to work so i tried using xp 64 and integrating those drivers but now it says, "The device associated with following device driver will not work correctly on this computer: si3114r5.sys." but i did not integrate that driver. So im lost again.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i replaced them exactly how they were originally on the floppy but it still didn't work, so i just finished using nlite to integrate the drivers into windows but windows says it can't install the file (goes throught all of them) and i try skipping installing that file but it messes up the installation.

you probably forgot to untick use oem folders in the unnattended section no?

i've been following this thread since it first appeared as resolution to this issue dictates my purchasing this motherboard.. i don't think this will be resolved in a timely enough manner (it's gone far beyond that already) and am pretty sure i am going to be turning my current setup into a Mac OS X 10.4.7 machine in favor of an AM2 AMD/ATi config since S939 is on its way out but i figured i'd add a suggestion about this situation before i delete this thread from my memory: has anyone thought about a class action? seriously enough people have purchased this board and are experiencing this issue to warrant this. considering this issue appears on most all of the RD580 based boards with this chipset ULi (aka nVidia) needs to pay up for replacement and time lost..

That might be a good idea, anyone got any friends or an acquaintance maybe that practices law?

That might be a good idea, anyone got any friends or an acquaintance maybe that practices law?

if i had one i would definitely mention he or she to everyone here as the case is compelling seeing as it is not limited to DFI. i don't consider this a DFI problem as they are not alone with this issue (i've read of ABIT and ASUS users with the same). the problem is with the ULi chipset and/or drivers. personally considering nVidia's move to purchase ULi knowing full well how much ATi depended on the company for a competitive SB i can see some likelyhood of tampering here but that's just my opinion.

just to ask before i completely ditch the notion of buying this board to replace my dying struggling SLI-DR can anyone confirm that disabling the ULi RAID management software via msconfig resolves this issue. i've seen this mentioned only a few times as a solution here and there and i'm still juggling picking this board up along with a RAID addon card, however, if that infact does solve this problem that would save me $300+ and i would go with this board as DFI is my preference.

Asus problems are allready gone due a bios update. I might return the board and go for either nF4 or conroe. Never thought I'd think about buying an intel :P

Anyone want a 165 @ 3105 ? ;)

ChkDsk

@2000army : What was that yes for?

Disabling the ULI mgmt software DOES NOT fix the freezing problem, it may help and may stop/reduce timed messages in event log, but the machine still freezes ......

Or was it "yes I know a lawyer". :)

I still get the freezes on the Sil controller occasionally but I don't get those errors in eventvwr.

Nemesis.ie, if you do know someone who is a lawyer, maybe you could direct he or she to this thread and see what they make of it.

I've got issues with the board as well...

..and I'm not running a Raid array.

I get lock-ups during cold boot. When I reset it boots up fine. Sometimes, during normal operation, I am unable to access the control panel via the "Start" button. In fact, the entire tool bar is off-limits even though the desktop is fine and I can move the mouse. Wait about 30 seconds...Bam...I can use the "Start" button and tool bar again.

I've checked for driver updates and am quite certain I have the latest drivers.

This is frustrating.

Aaron