Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Email sent, and offered whatever else I could do to help troubleshoot.

will keep you all UTD if I hear anything back, but remember do not overwhelm the poor techie with email, they need time to work on the problem, lol

linflas,

I have a raid0 setup and i was having the same issue with the ULI controler, so i had to set DRAM drive strength and DRAM DATA drive strength to AUTO to avoid the issue.

how's yours?!

I receved a thank you email from Lafia today, saying that the information is welcome.

As long as we keep to the information and don't hound Lafia with our gripes and opinions, I think the info will help in obtaining a good fix suitable for a wide spectrum of people with the issue.

At least DFI want to listen, which is worth quite a bit these days.

Well, I tried to upgrade the ULI driver yesterday on my machine and it hosed up my windows install so I had to rebuild it meaning I don't have my old event list, but I will try and put together a new one. I am looking forward to having this problem resolved. I've had to go back to playing World of Warcraft on my old machine. Fortunately it plays it just fine (Warcraft hasn't really benefited much from a fast machine much to my grief) so I can be patient.

This is going to be it for me in this thread.

I didn't care for the shipping BIOS. The second BIOS I used, the 417 cleared up my issues. I created problems for myself the first time I flashed it by not clearing my CMOS. In addition I discovered other quirks; When changing BIOS or OS I had to install with BIOS defaults and with the "CMOS reloaded" banks cleared. That's it.

I have Crossfire up and going, games, TV, DVD, music etc without issues. Once the 417 was in correctly and I observed what I outlined I was good to go.

Since correctly flashing the 417 BIOS I have had the following perfectly stable; two different CPUs,>3700+ San Diego(up to 2.92 GHz), X2 4400+(2.85GHz), two different operating systems, >Win XP SP-2, MCE 2005, and tried four different sets of memory, >Crucial Ballistix PC 3200, OCZ 2GB PE 3200, G. Skill HZ PC4000, and Corsair Value Select PC 3200 CAS 2.5. I have played Oblivion, Tomb Raider Legends, SWG and EQ II under those conditions so far.

I've got my best OC ever with this 4400+ that has been in a ASUS A8N Premium, ASUS A8R MVP, EPoX 9NPA+SLi and Abit AT8 32X with all the ram I mentioned earlier. On other boards my G. Skill HZ 4000 maxed at 261 1:1 1T, and on some wouldn't do 1T period, on this one >275 1:1 1T.

There are some folks with issues with the board and some of us have got it up and running well after discovering and then avoiding a few pitfalls.

I guess that is about it.

I am another one with very few issues(no issues), when the nF4 and SLI came out, there were just as many troubles, if not more. Keep in mind that there has only been 1 bio's update so far, I would hope that all issues can be resolved with another bio's update. ATI & DFI always have new drivers and bio's that can improve their cards/MoBos, you would think the same would apply for this chip and board. DFI is not going to leave us hanging, this is, the new, high end, top of the line, crossfire, get you a beer-----um, I wish.

The good thing is, I get better temps, higher overclock and tighter timings with this CFX, then I do with my nF4-D! I am a ATI fan, I dont hate nVidia, have had a few bad cards in the past, but dont hate them! I am very happy to see ATI take this route and hope things will only get better! ATI wont leave us hanging either, they put a lot of money into making this move to chipsets, you wouldnt think they would give up in the first year. Just hang in there, ATI&DFI will take care of us.

How can I clear the CMOS reloaded banks, is there any special software, or another way to do this? Even if I remove the battery and use the clear jumper, the bank overclocks remain. I have a feeling this is why my overclocks are still stuck at the same level as the previous bios.