Anyone playing Elderscrolls IV yet?

baaj

Ill be at my local EBgames dealer at 9am sharp to pick it up.

Yeah, I cant wait to get lost in Oblivion. Muhuwahahahah!!!

I was thinkin,,, why dont they make Elder Scrolls ONLINE eh?

If I wanna play this type of game online I'll fire up WOW or evercrack. This is just what I've been wanting - a great single player game that'll last more than 15 hours =)

This game is the straw that broke da back and caused me to build the rig in my sig. Now if I can just have it ready by the time I pick up oblivion today. Screw super-pi for stability checks. I'll use oblivion =)

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI: in my lunch break I hit to Circuit City and bought the game for $41.99 (inc. tax). Unfortunately, they messed up the shipping (to be clear, they messed up the shipping not to me personally but in general to store) >> I can pick-up the game from store tomorrow, still not bad...

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Elder-Scrol...roductDetail.do

I believe they will raise the price to best buy level - $49.99 - just hoping that they will hold mine and honor the sales receipt (they are expecting just 3 copies in store - insane!!)

EDIT: I also went to Worst Buy - they didnt match the price even tough I had the sales receipt in my hand from CC (wanted to start playing today). BUT they have many copies on their shelves (if you want it quickly).

Played the game for a couple hours now, interiors really don't look that much better than morrowind (in my opinion) unless lights are shining through the windows. But damn the forests are cool.

This game is crushing my 7900GTX, shoulda bought a pair apparently. :rolleyes:

Anywho, back to being a Gladiator for the rest of the day.

wow, so many elderscrolls fan...... i played morrowind but didnt like it coz of the slow actions and confusing storyline lol

if it was a movie, its like paying the tickets to watch action flick but end up watchin medieval drama.... *sigh

but i might try this one coz the graphics are so pretty :)

i play BF2 and FEAR and the like... u guys think im gonna have trouble adapting to this game?

i play BF2 and FEAR and the like... u guys think im gonna have trouble adapting to this game?

Um...you need more patience than just running around and killing stuff, thats not really what its all about.

But the story is incredibly in depth and there is a ton of stuff you can do. Even after putting about a month into Morrowind, Tribunal, and Bloodmoon I was only around 1/3rd of the way done with the game, even though I did most all of the main quests.

Played the game for a couple hours now, interiors really don't look that much better than morrowind (in my opinion) unless lights are shining through the windows. But damn the forests are cool.

This game is crushing my 7900GTX, shoulda bought a pair apparently. :rolleyes:

Anywho, back to being a Gladiator for the rest of the day.

what resolution are you running the game at?

what resolution are you running the game at?

1280x1024, HDR, full textures, about half or so draw distances. And V-sync, probably the v-sync thats killing frametates but i can't stand the tearing that games get without it. I'm probably getting 50fps or so, its just amazing how much more pretty it'll be a year from now. :)

Guest shaolin95

WOW so even the 7900GTX is having to work hard...hopefully my soon to arrive XFX 7800GTX 512MB XXX edition will do fine with it as well. According to benchmarks is pretty much up there with a 7900GTX and x1900xt. I was going the x1900xt first but then the seller needed more time cause his new gear didnt arrive correctly so I decided to stay with Nvidia which I like and know better..besides ATIs HQ setting makes details dissapear so I didnt like that. Anyway, you think I will be fine? My Opty and tight timings memory are ready for the fight and my new card should be a good match dont you think?

This game is crushing my 7900GTX, shoulda bought a pair apparently.

Man, I thought my rig would be more than capable at running this game on full. I built my rig specifically to play this game. I had no idea that it would be this demanding on resources - my rig is far above the recommended specs. Might have to end up moving to SLI sooner than I thought :rolleyes: